Oil Can holders

Home Page Forums Chassis Oil Can holders

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have one of these oil can holders I might borrow in order to duplicate it.

I have the oil cans, but need these brackets to attach them to the front cross member of my car.

Thanks

Hello Richard,

I would be interested in an Oil Can Holder. If you wind up manufacturing them.

Ken

Ken,

If we can find a sample to borrow we might make a run of them. I need two of them myself.

I hope someone on this forum can come up with one we can use as a pattern.

Happy Holidays everyone……….

Richard,

These do vary in design depending on the series.The Series 3 and earlier Pierce Arrows carry these Kayes cans in the left side glove box.They are held to the wood floor with screws.I believe with most Series 4 and Series 5 cars these cans were carried in a canister mounted on the bulkhead.I have seen photos including the one in your post of them being mounted on the engine legs.I do have some drawings and a photo of the canister from a Series 5 with its cans.The Series 31-51 cars since they use oil for the clutch rather than neatsfoot oil carried I believe only the machine oil can.The retainers that go on the engine legs are unique as are the ones that mount in the glovebox.Both do take the 1/3 pint can.

There are some nice engine photos in “Pierce Arrow The Golden Age”” 1908-1918 including one of a trophy winning Series 4.

Richard, is your car a Series 4? Looks like mine. Just forward of the water pump. A big spring holds mine down. Machine oil on the driver side and neatsfoot on the passenger side.

I have my car in storage and when I get to it, will have a closer look. Mine has the cans in place. See if I can remove one and help you. At least a picture.

The “Golden Age”” Book. Great info. Lets us know what our cars were just like when they came from the factory.”

I have the Series 2,3 and 4 parts books in my files.I will check for any information on the mountings.A very original Series 5 had the cans in a canister.One thing from the factory photos in Marc’s book that stands out is that the pre Series 31-51 cars are shown with plate glass headlight lenses which show off the pretty large tipped headlight bulbs.Most cars though have been fitted with Bausch&Lomb or other prismatic headlight lenses to bring the headlights in compliance with prevailing antiglare laws that came in a bit later.

My car is a Series 4 and should have the oil cans mounted on the front engine cross menber,

I believe I’ve located some of the hold down brackets…….thanks for all the help.

Rich

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.