Open Up Classifieds to Non Members

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell Open Up Classifieds to Non Members

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

No doubt this topic has been discussed previously but why not set up a separate section on our website for buy/sell/wanted for Pierce Arrow cars and parts that can be accessed by the general public without being a member? Even though only a few items are typically listed each month I believe this would expand our exposure to potential members (and naysayers will add exposure to hackers but parts of the site can already be viewed by non members}. The AACA, Packard Club,Packard’s International and the CCCA allow this so what’s holding us up on this? And here’s a really heretical thought – Let non members list their Pierce stuff in the classified section as well.

I am prepared for any strong negative comments of disapproval for this idea the membership wishes to express. As Macbeth says “Lay on Macduff, and damned be him that first cries ‘Hold enough!’

I think a non-member classifieds section would be a great addition to the site.

It will definitely drive more traffic to this site and maybe even cause some to join once they get a taste of the PAS experience.

It’s worth a try. Total exposure could render the PAS more missing PA parts and perhaps the cars themselves, not known to our members.

I’m good with it.

Factors to consider:

It might cost memberships as access is a member benefit.

It could bring interested parties to the website and add memberships.

We should offer cars & parts to members FIRST as a benefit of membership, perhaps opening only a period after printed Emporium goes out.

We could derive revenue from non-member ads and keep membership costs low.

It could result in a lot of ordinary parts supplier ads that have little to do with pierce-Arrows.

It would be a break with tradition, good or bad from different perspectives.

We already offer almost all Company Store merchandise to any website visitors who wish to see the offerings, and few actually do so.

If you like the idea, ask your Regional Director to ask that it be added to the agenda for the Winter Board Meeting in Tucson in February. Then come to the Winter Meet, have fun and express your views to the Board.

Dave Stevens

Director at Large

Great Lakes Region Director

Jim, the board meeting is in Tucson, Sunday Feb. 26. Perhaps you can attend to present your perspective. A little Shakespeare for the board of directors may have value.

I’m sure your views would be welcome and considered.

I don’t think there should be only one Emporium.

I think a public Emporium and PAS only Emporium would keep parts being offered to PAS members first or only being offered to PAS members.

There are plenty of times where parts are offered very cheap or even free to fellow members and a public Emporium should not hinder this very generous practice.

Advertising rules can be hammered out such as they parts or services offered must directly benefit Pierce related vehicles, bicycles and the like – meaning no advertising Ford Model T or A parts that have zero to do with the PAMCC, while shock rebuilding services or parts would be relevant.

Just a few thoughts is all.

Jim and Craig,

Perhaps you two Gents should consider running for a seat on the Board of Directors.

We can always use new perspectives on the direction of the Society.

You may have to run more than once, but if you are persistent, you will eventually win a seat on the Board.

Peter

Since I live in Phoenix I have been planning to attend the winter meeting in Tucson .While I wasn’t thinking of going to the Board meeting , I’m willing to go and briefly share my thoughts on open classifieds for non members. This subject came to mind since I’ve been searching the Net for cars for sale. I appreciate the suggestion that I consider running for a Board position but until I have some “skin in the game”” (owning a Pierce Arrow) I couldn’t consider it .”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.