Optima 6V Red Top Battery Deal!

Home Page Forums General Optima 6V Red Top Battery Deal!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I have again been offered a GREAT DEAL on the Optima 6V Red Top battery.

As with last year, the price will be $100.00, including shipping.

The online price this year is $169.99.

I will have more details within a few days, so get ready to buy!

Questions? Be in touch with me at [email protected].

Peter,

Absolutely great work. Since I am only just about to get my car to roll, Is there any chance of getting a 12volt for my other project?

Bill

Oh how I wish I were in USA!!! The cheapest price here in Australia on eBay for exactly this battery is $227

BUT there are sellers claiming a BARGAIN price for $999 !!!!! BUT free postage. How generous!! Cheers & buy NOW –well done Peter.

Optima has agreed to support our members and this website with a great deal on their 6-volt battery. The promotion is set to run from March 1-30th, is not stackable with any other offer, is only good for 6-volt batteries with a maximum of two per purchase and limited to Pierce Arrow Society members only.

From now until March 30th, members of the Pierce Arrow Society, who purchase a 6-volt RedTop battery online at shop.optimabatteries.com will receive special pricing of $100 per battery (normally $169.99) and free shipping right to their front door in the lower 48 states, by entering a unique coupon code when purchasing factory-direct at shop.optimabatteries.com .

Here is how the process works:

1. If you want the deal, send an e-mail requesting a unique one-time use coupon code to [email protected]

2. You will receive a unique one-time-use code that will be valid until 3/30 only. Codes will be invalid after Midnight on 3/30.

3. Once you receive your code, you will need to go to the Optima shopping site at http://www.optimabatteries.com…op-starting-battery/

4. Add the 6-volt battery (up to 2) part # 6V (8010-044) and go to the checkout cart

5. Here’s the important part: Enter your unique code that will calculate your discount on the Billing page of the check-out.

6. Finalize your order

7. Wait for your “Factory Fresh” Optima RedTop 6 volt to arrive at your door (usually within 4 days of your order).

This offer is limited to two batteries per household and will expire on March 30, 2015. This offer is only available on OPTIMA RedTop 6-volt batteries purchased directly from shop.optimabatteries.com .

Thank you putting this deal together again.

I took advantage of this deal last year and the entire purchase experience was great.

This is a good price i just bought one on ebay for $115. with free shipping…i may buy another one and wire the two together for more cranking amps…

That’s a good question —

Are two six volt Optima batteries in series the same as one twelve volt? Or are the six volt batteries “bigger” or whatever?

If you look at an Optima battery, you can see the individual 2-volt cells. so I wonder. . . .

It would be a 12v, with high cranking amperage, but rather costly, I think a 12v Optima is available for a lot less than $200.

Greg

Nice job Peter, thank you.

As I think I mentioned during last year’s very generous similar offer, I use two Optima 6V batteries in parallel in my Pierce 8-cylinder cars. A single Optima does very well in my Series 80 cars.

The advantage of two-in-parallel is more for the **reserve** capacity needed for significant night driving while running at a charging deficit.

For example, 1934 Pierce 8s were factory equipped with a wet cell battery with 140 amp hrs (AH) of reserve; Pierce 12s had 165 AH reserve. A 6V Optima battery has not more than 100 AH of reserve.

Those 1934 Pierces with Delco generators rated at 25 amps actually produced a max of 17 amps HOT with the third brush turned up all the way. I’ve upgraded my tail and stop light bulbs to #1129 and therefore run at a charging deficit at night with headlights on.

Therefore, a pair of Optimas will give you 200 AH of reserve.

Last year, using batteries from this offer, I replaced the pair of Optimas installed in my 1930 roadster in 2000–they were getting a tad weak. In my experience, Optimas can be left for significant periods of non-use without using a float charger; that is, they maintain their charge much longer than wet cell batteries.

I’m ordering another two now! And I’m mentioning PAS in my email to OptimaJim in hopes of making this an annual opportunity.

Thanks for putting this offer together, Peter

I had 41 Cad with the typical hard start when hot situation. The previous owner had installed an extra battery, so there was the benefit of the extra oomph when the car was hot One night, I drove home in the dark, lights on etc. The following morning everything was totally dead. The weak battery had sucked the other battery dead. I installed two new batteries, with a shutoff on each. Then I could drive and charge both batteries, or shut one or the other off, and have one in reserve.

I tried this link you gave: http://www.optimabatteries.com…op-starting-battery/ it doesn’t work??

Hi Tom,

Try this one, as it works for me.

You may have to cut and paste.

Peter

http://www.optimabatteries.com/us/en/shop/redtop/optima-batteries-8010-044-6v-redtop-starting-battery/

It works i just bought one last night….

Peter,

Thank you for making arrangements for this offer again. I didn’t take advantage of this last year, but I did this time.

John,

It is my pleasure to stumble on to an opportunity that aides the members of the PAS.

Peter

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.