OPTIMA Red Top 6V Battery

Home Page Forums General OPTIMA Red Top 6V Battery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gents and Ladies,

It is with regret that I inform you that there will be No Deal this year on the OPTIMA Red Top 6V battery.

I believe that the deal occurs when Optima over produce their Red Top and this year they did over produce, but did not BOX the overrun.

I had the opportunity to have them ship 35-inboxed batteries to the St. Louis Meet on a pallet, but they needed full payment in advance at a cost of $100 – $110 per battery.

The logistics were not reasonable, especially considering the buyer would have had to either carry them home or ship them.

Additionally, I would have had to “eat” all unsold batteries, and I already have a pair.

I will be in touch with OPTIMA Jim next March to determine if they can again offer us a good deal on their fine product.

If you have questions, please be in touch through my personal email.

Peter

Peter,

Thank you for your efforts. I was looking forward to the Optima Battery Deal. We needed to get at least one for the Pierce.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Just FYI, I run TWO in my Series 80!

I know it is serious overkill, but hooking them up in parallel, I have serious cranking power and should never have a dead battery as I often did with standard wet-cell, lead-acid POS batteries.

Also, with the OPTIMA batteries having a functional life of 8+ years, and 10+, if carefully maintained, the batteries may outlast me (HA, not really – heck, I hope not).

When we were first offered the deal, they cost about $100 including delivery; they now sell online for $135 to $150+.

i will pursue the matter in the Spring and see what I can do for my PAS Gentlemen and Lady friends.

Peter

Thank you for your yearly efforts to secure the Optima battery deal.

And I can vouch for their longevity.

I had a red top in my Pierce for 10 years before I swapped it out.

The battery was still operating just fine but it was old so I decided to replace it before it failed.

I run a pair of Optimas in parallel in my 8-cylinder cars, not so much for starting as for being able to drive distances at night at a charging deficit with the 25 amp generators whose temperature compensator soon drops the output to 17 amps.

A pair in my ’30 roadster lasted 14 years but were degraded, but I changed the pair in the ’34 SA pre-emptively at 9 years.

I run a single Optima in the Series 80, and a single works just fine in the 525 cubic inches in the 1918.

No need to adding water or clean corrosion makes Optimas especially desirable for batteries which reside under the seat or the floor, as ours do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.