P-A war memorial plaque

Home Page Forums General P-A war memorial plaque

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

With Memorial Day right around the corner I was wondering…

Would it be possible to contact the owner(s) of the Pierce-Arrow building and have the war memorial plaque cleaned?…

Does anyone have any idea when the plaque was last cleaned up?…

I brought this up once before and it quickly went nowhere…If I were living a lot closer to the plant I would volunteer to do it myself…

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?…

I know that plaque has its rightful place on the Pierce Arrow Building but it sure would look great in the PAS museum where it would be cared for like it should be.

There are those of us that want this memorial preserved. The PAS museum is the best bet for maintaining the integrity of this beautiful plaque.

As a statement to those who have gone before and given their lives for our freedom then a complete cleaning of the monument should be a minimum requirement.

M&P

My concern is that the memorial will be considered “too far gone”” or “”not in the needs of the buildings future”” for saving…is it possible to have the plaque donated to the Pierce-Arrow museum?…is this something that could be considered with the owners of the building?…”

Where is this on the building? The factory is divided and has several owners. I’m on a real estate development board in Buffalo and should be able to find the owner of that section and raise the question.

Jim…here is a photo of the front of the building…

I’ll bet we are behind Jim Sandoro’s Buffalo Museum of Transportation in trying to get the plaque, but it might be worthwhile to identify and contact the developer.

Gents,

Note, I speak from the position of being a Buffalo native 40-years removed.

First, I would be surprised if the City of Buffalo EVER allowed someone tear down their BELOVED Pierce-Arrow Building. Pierce-Arrow is central to the heart & soul of Buffalo, as evidenced by the significant local turnout when a PAS Meet comes to town.

Second, if anything did happen to the building, after the City decided what to do, then Jimmy & Mary Ann Sandoro should be next in line to retrieve anything of interest that the PAMCC building would yield. They have spent at least half of their lives Boosting Buffalo via the Buffalo Museum of Transportation (www.Pierce-Arrow.com) and in other ways. (BOOST BUFFALO, IT’S GOOD FOR YOU – a 1970s ad campaign slogan)

After Jim and Mary Ann, would be several thousand Buffalo scavengers wanting a piece of their BELOVED Pierce-Arrow MCC.

The PAS and its interests would be well back in the line.

As to the condition of the plaque, oh well, it lives in Buffalo and that means it has already suffered 100-years of acid-rain and Buffalo winters.

We have Pierce-Arrow cars and need to be content with our individual pieces of Buffalo history.

Also, FYI, note the following older News article.

Peter

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2016/09/13/pierce-arrow-owners-making-a-30-million-bet-on.html

Okay…how about this?…

The plaque was originally dedicated on May 30th 1919…if the owners of the building can be “persuaded” to have the plaque cleaned and re-dedicated on May 30th 2019, it would be the 100th anniversary of the plaque dedication ceremony in the first place.

If we could get the local media behind this story, and get the mayor of Buffalo behind this project of a re dedication next year, (ribbon cutting) that would pump up some much needed publicity for the building, and it’s owners I’m sure, and it would be a good excuse to get the monument cleaned in the first place.

So…what do you all think about something like that?…

Curtiss,

All of those things are possible.

GO FOR IT!

Peter

It is a shame that Memorial Day OBSERVED is on 27 May in 2019, and NOT on the REAL Memorial Day, which is 30 May.

Monday Holidays are bogus!

Thank goodness they have not as yet changed Independence Day, Christmas Day or New Year’s Day!

EESCH!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.