PAS Display at the AACA Library

Home Page Forums General PAS Display at the AACA Library

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I stopped by the AACA Library and found a few great Pierce items on display. This is a Pierce 8 Logo for use in the showroom window. There are period photos of these used in a line across the front showroom windows. There can not be many of these left! Karl

Jan. 5th,1929 Luncheon program New York City kick off the “NEW”” Pierce 8.”

1928 Series 81 photo cards, “Would you like to drive one of these? Give a call””. Note the 2 cents postage. Karl”

The above photo is another thing we need to fix, our site turns all vertical photos. Karl

Those are some spectacular items!

Thanks for posting pictures of them.

And take a look at the list of speakers for the luncheon.

That is an all star lineup.

Craig, yes it looks like the who’s who’s were there for the unveiling of the “New Eight” at the Plaza Hotel. I do not recognize the name of the toast master. Maybe someone can tell us who he was to the Pierce arrow company. Karl

Great stuff, all new to me except the Series 80/81 photos.

Studebaker acquired Pierce in 1928 through a stock transfer. Pierce remained ostensibly independent with its own general manager, Arthur J. Chanter, though Erskine named himself president. More importantly, Buffalo and not South Bend would retain responsibility for developing new Pierce-Arrows.

Karl,

In case it was not clear from my posting above, Arthur J. Chanter was the Vice President / General Manager of the PAMCC and he was the Toastmaster for the PAMCC event held at The Plaza Hotel in Manhattan on 5 January, 1929.

A Pierce-Arrow Class luncheon in a Pierce-Arrow Class hotel in Manhattan.

Peter

Thanks Peter for the information on Arthur Chanter.

Another note about the PAS Library collection: The local Water Company’s new multi-million dollar building is less than a mile from my work place here in Mechanicsburg PA. They are moving into this new location during this Holiday week making the building purchased by AACA for its new Headquarters and Library available soon. Our PAS Library will be moving to its new location on Hershey Park Drive sometime in 2019.

I look forward to showing our members this facility as part of the 2020 PAS Meet. Karl

Karl…..John and I were making plans this afternoon for the Hershey meet………we plan on having two or three cars on the field.👍

Ed, that sounds great. Trailer parking will be on hotel property. Bring more! Karl

Karl, What hotel are you planning?

Karl,

Make sure that you use the hotels about which I sent you the info.

A Room Rate of $7.00 per night is hard to beat!

Perhaps, you should post a photo of the brochure for the hotel. ;-)

Peter

$7.00 per nite room rate is unheard of..

Since we seem to be getting on to the subject of Hershey, can I ask a few questions here? I’ve never attended this before, and am thinking about going next year for the first time. I just acquired a small camper equipped for towing to bring my Pierce to various events, and I think it would be the ideal vehicle to use to go to Hershey as I understand that rooms are had to come by at local hotels. Are there RV hookups nearby to the show? Basically all I need would be a water hookup and a 30 amp electrical hookup. Any suggestions? Does one have to be an AACA member to attend?

Ralph,

From the left tool bar: under Member benefits, click on activities. Go down to PAS Annual Meets, click on future Annual Meets. Click on the 2020 Lancaster Meet. There you will find a link in blue for our Host Hotel. The Double tree by Hilton.

I am not old enough to have been at the 1963 Annual Meet, however it was held in Lancaster PA that year. Peter sent me the unused packet to register. The hotel rate was $7 single, $2 extra for each additional guest. Tour to see the Amish $4.60. (In 2020 we will see Amish everywhere, but not tour the Amish). Registration for judging was $3. If I get time, I will scan and share this early piece of our history. That host hotel, long row of rooms single level is gone, but many still exist on the north side of town in Ronks, Bird in Hand, and Intercourse. Most summer weekends they are sold out! The 1986 Meet was in Hershey. It has been a long time since the Meet has been in PA.

Ken, I will get some info for you for the 2019 AACA Fall Meet and start a Hershey thread for this topic.

Thanks Karl!

Thanks Karl!

Ken,

I always park my RV in the fields designated for camping at the show. They have no hook ups at all. There is one campground nearby that I know of that has hook ups and many traditional camping services. They are booked so far in advance that if you haven’t stayed there before you can pretty much forget about getting in during the show any time soon.

Mike Walker

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.