Phil Bray gear sets

Home Page Forums General Phil Bray gear sets

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I understand that Phil Bray has passed on. Does anyone here know how to contact a family member that may have control over his gear and casting business? For privacy sake, and if you so desire, please use my email address: [email protected] or 435-864-3667.

Al

Does anyone have contact information for someone within Phil Bray’s family? I would like to contact them about a pattern that Phil had or has.

Alan

I was told an employee has taken over making gear sets, no under the same name. I have no idea if the info is correct or not.

Thanks for reading this posting even if you did not have information to share and respond. With some nice help, I have tracked down very current information and am willing to share privately if you have a need for gear sets or castings from the old Phil Bray/Orf Corp. group.

Al

Watch out for the last run that Phil did for the later P-A’s. These were not properly lapped and several have had noise and wear issues. This resulted because he decided to save a few bucks by cutting corners.

Phil failed to stand behind his product for most of the complaints. He overpriced and underperformed!

Dave

I am in a position to learn what patterns and gear ratios are currently available. Still, if improved gear sets are available and the business is under new ownership, like all of the old car hobby, we should check it out. Which is what I have been doing. If you would like additional contact information drop a note. It is possible that under the new ownership structure, the quality issues mentioned may be straightened out for the better. On another note, the casting patterns for other parts, that Phil Bray had a hand in, have not stayed with the gear business.

Al

Phil Hill did also make high speed gear. I do not know if anybody has taken over the business. I bought a set for my 1930 model and its working perfekt.

Thanks Oivind, Yes, someone has taken over the gear business.

Al

Alan,

Do you know who took over the gear business and anything (good or bad) about what is being made now?

Robert

I spoke with Carol Bray (phil’s widow) last night, and she told me that she had turned the gear business over to Ed Linn.

Ed Linn

1135 Badder Dr.

Troy, MI 48083

Phone: 1-248-797-8781

As I recall, gear sets were not not necessarily kept in stock but were built when there were orders of 6 or more.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.