Pierce-Arrow in Czech republic

Home Page Forums Body Pierce-Arrow in Czech republic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Look at this special body. Is this an american make or could this have been rebuilt in Czech? The car, a 143 Landaulet from 1929, is for sale at EUR 199.000.

I do not know why the photo is impossible to enlarge…?

Olvind,

The second pic enlarges just fine.

I hope that the car was heavily loaded with a number of LARGE people on the passenger side, as it is listing badly to the right.

Otherwise, it has a very bad set of springs on the righthand side.

It is a beautiful Landaulet.

Peter

The body does look American to me. It looks to be from an earlier car

that was transplanted on to a newer chassis. This was an infrequent

practice. Judging from the price, somebody is deeply in love with this

car. Come to think of it, The windshield doesn’t look American, but that

could have been altered at the time of the assembly.

The basic body lines (taller) and windshield (two piece) look more British or European to me. On the listing to the right, maybe the car is coming out of a left hand turn, under speed and loaded heavy on the right.

Body looks like Brittish coach work to me. Hooper is first to my mind. The windshield was popular in Englans between 23 and 28. For some reason I think I know the car from long ago, but can’t place it. Maybe a photo in the PAS or from some book. Ed.

I believe there was a 1929 Pierce Arrow in the Czech Republic with coachwork by Sodomka.The Sodomka firm was in Prague and did coachwork on the chassis of several US cars.Could this be a Sodomka body?

The body was built by LeBaron, it was custom built for a wedding from what I remember. The car was donated to the PAS foundation in the 90’s I believe then sold to the owner who had it restored. At the time it was painted a cream color with medium blue fenders. We did work on the chassis, but it was painted and upholstered somewhere else.

Way to go Heidi & Billy!

An end to speculation!

Aren’t the facts great!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.