Pierce-Arrow in Google Doodle

Home Page Forums General Pierce-Arrow in Google Doodle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

It might just be my eyes….but I think there is a Silver Arrow being shown on the Google doodle.

The Google doodle is representing Tamara de Lempicka and her Art Deco artwork.

From the delempicka.org website

“…Tamara de Lempicka was a refugee who studied art and worked day and night. She became a well-known portrait painter with a distinctive Art Deco manner. Quintessentialy French, Deco was the part of an exotic, sexy, and glamorous Paris that epitomized Tamara’s living and painting style.

Between the wars, she painted portraits of writers, entertainers, artists, scientists, industrialists, and many of Eastern Europe’s exiled nobility. Her daughter, Kizette de Lempica-Foxhall wrote in her biograpy of Tamara De Lempica Passion By Design, “She painted them all, the rich, the successful, the renowned — the best.

The work brought her critical acclaim, social celebrity and considerable wealth.”

http://www.delempicka.org/

Interesting thought.

I had the same thought, and looked through her art online to see if the Silver Arrow looking car was from one of her pieces. It doesn’t look like it, her main auto related piece being a self portrait in a Bugatti. Sex and nudes seemed to have been a bigger interest to her. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Jim

I had the same thought too. If she didn’t create it, who did?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.