Pierce-Arrow Jacks

Home Page Forums Literature and Tools Pierce-Arrow Jacks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

Over the years I’ve come across quite a few Pierce-Arrow jacks shown in the photo. The first one has Pierce Arrow cast in the side, has Barrett in the handle stub, and says Duff Mfg Co on the back.

The next one is a Morrison #1. I believe this is the correct jack for Series 80/81.

The third jack is a Morrison #2 and is the original jack from my 1926 Series 33. That car is an original car with many of the original tools still straped into the tool compartment.

The 4th jack is a Morrison #3 and was in the tool compartment of my 1928 Fleet-Arrow fire truck. I assume it is the correct jack for the Fleet-Arrows.

Can anyone confirm the application of the 1st (Barrett) jack. I’ve been told it is for a Series 4 or 5 car; I’ve also been told it is from the 1930’s. Also, does anyone know for sure what the handle for this jack looks like?

Thanks…

Paul

I’ve added a close-up of the Barrett jack to help identify it….

Paul, The Duff is correct for Series 3,4 and 5. I agree with most of the other info you provide for your other jacks. One correction,the Morrison #1 ends with Series 80. Karl

Paul, this is a photo of a Duff Truck jack in my collection. It has the same made for Pierce tag used on later Reese and Morrison jacks, but the tag is about 1/3 larger in size. I dont have any info showing when Pierce stopped using this jack. It must weigh 40 pounds! Karl

The other side, Karl

Thanks Karl,

I assume that this was for the big Model R trucks…

My Morrison #3 from my Fleet-Arrow has the same brass Pierce tag as the #1 and #2 have…same size, same shape.

I have a Rees jack too. What models did they come with?

You mentioned that the Morrison #1 is not correct for the Series 81….what is the right jack for the 81’s?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul/Karl,

Check out the picture on page 59 of Ralston’s Golden Age book. I think this is a Duff but without the hook on it. I’ve seen a few of these.

Greg

Thanks Greg,

Your eyes are better than mine! It is hard for me to see, but it does look like the Duff jack…

Thanks for pointing it out.

Paul

can anyone tell or show me the correct jack for our 1909 pierce? thanks, vaughn vartanian

Paul,

I believe that a Rees #1 is correct for Series 33.

I had one with a Pierce tag on it and sold it to another PAS member because it wasn’t correct for my cars.

Bill

Bill,

I’m pretty sure the Morrison #2 is the correct jack for the Series 33. My (original) Series 33 7PT has the original tools in the tool compartment. The tool compartment is fitted to hold the various tools and the Morrison #2 fits the brackets & straps exactly. A Rees jack wouldn’t fit the tool compartment correctly.

Paul

Series 33 jacks: ser#1-338000: to late 1923, Rees #1 or 5A. Ser#338001 on: late 1923-25 Morrison #2. Karl

We make the acid etched data plates for these Pierce Arrow Jacks.

I have owned Nostalgic Reflections Co. for 41 years and we make reproduction parts for antique vehicles. I have attached a picture of some of the Pierce Arrow parts we have made. We do cloisonne, stamping, acid etching, screen printing, water slide decals, radiator scripts, medallions, bike badges etc. Jerry Turner 509-226-3522 Nostalgic Reflections, P.O. Box 350, Veradale, Washington 99037

http://www.NostalgicReflections.com

http://www.NostalgicReflections.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.