Pierce Arrow lights on a Nash

Home Page Forums General Pierce Arrow lights on a Nash

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

In another thread, someone thought that the picture of a Nash sedan had been altered to show Pierce headlights. It wasn’t, the car exists, here’s the issue of the Nash magazine that tells the story.

http://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/api/mail/tnt2002v33n6.pdf?action=attachment&folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=192878&attachment=2&user=2&context=10295422&decrypt=&sequence=1&delivery=view

I get an error when following the link.

Anyone else not able to get there?

It opens for me, if it doesn’t work for others please let me know and I’ll try to figure another way to post it….thanks dc

Did not open for me.

Link also failed for me. Looking at the link, I wonder if you need to be using xfinity (i don’t).

Robert

Ok, I can’t seem to save a copy of the file that works, so here’s the long way around the barn

Two

Three

Four

Five and final

There was also a Marmon Prototype with fender mounted headlights.

Sorry I missed this earlier, David. Thanks for sharing.

The images that Oivind uploaded in the other thread show a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail including a continuous surface element down the fender all the way to the running board. This level of appearance suggests studio work, probably Nash’s circa 1935 or 36. Good suggestions were made in the other thread as to why. I would rule out an affordable Pierce study since the changes did not include a unique Pierce-like grill. Of course, were a Pierce Eight to have been stuffed underhood then the issue would have been settled!

Most likely the ’36 Zephyr motivated Nash to investigate a way to set itself apart from the competition. Why multiple builds? Perhaps one for testing, the other for market studies? Or both for studies, one on the East Coast, the other West?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.