Pierce-Arrow Society GATHERING at GILMORE

Home Page Forums General Pierce-Arrow Society GATHERING at GILMORE

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

It’s only 3 weeks until the Gathering at Gilmore starts, but it’s still not too late to sign up. More pressing than registration is the

room block expiring at the Holiday Inn after August 9.

The information about the meet and registration form is on the website in the “Announcements” section of the website.

Two plus days of fun touring and the Sunday Show at the Pierce-Arrow Museum. Great cars, great tours, great P-A friends, great food and great fun!

And I can’t wait to leave this Louisiana heat to enjoy the grand finale of the Pierce-Arrow Society’s summer of 2017 events!

Yes Merlin!-looking forward to seeing my friends and enjoying blueberry ice cream too.

i would like to drive my 1934 pierce arrow to the show I’m near Akron Ohio but its not all pierce arrow it is a little of this and a little of that but 60 percent arrow ( I don’t want to offend anyone ) what do you all think? I guess if I buy you all ice cream it will be OK.

Eric. Sorry I won’t be at Gilmore this year. AND I’m sorry I’ll miss seeing your PA and ice cream. Have a great Gathering. DAVE STEPHENS, St. Louis, MO.

Hi Eric, bring your 1934 or drive modern, it would great to meet you at the Gathering.

John

Eric,

Please join in on the fun. We are not easily offended! If not basically original in type, you won’t be eligible for judging or a trophy. Any member is welcome to tour with the group in whatever they may care to drive.

Dave Stevens

231-740-6610

Unless there’s a monsoon we’ll be driving Wilma’s 31 and maybe we’ll bring a “Galloping Goose”, too.

Bill

Bill, if a monsoon hits, we’ll use the Gilmore Amphicar and come get you and Wilma!

Otherwise, it will be very nice to see the 42 and 1240. Didn’t that 1240 in front of the diner make the cover of the Arrow last year?

Attended the Gathering at Gilmore for the last two years and wouldn’t miss it for the world. The thrill of seeing those great cars and speaking with the owners is the basis for a day to remember. Not actually owning a Pierce Arrow decreases the fun to a small degree but being there is the real event.

Glenn Anderson

Hi Eric,

It’s a reasonably short, enjoyable drive from Akron up to Hickory Corners.

Dave and Diana always host a great “Gathering” with great tours, great people, great cars and best of all great ice cream; we look forward to meeting you there.

Stu & Clara Blair, Cincinnati

Does that mean they have Graeter’s or Aglamesis? It’s almost worth the trip from DC to get that! Have a great time. Make sure you get David Coco to tell a few stories.

Hi Bob,

Better yet, Dave & Diana will have PLAINWELL Ice Cream!

That Graeter’s and Aglamesis stuff is only available in Cincinnati…so, when in Rome, do as the Romans do…same applies in Western Michigan.

We are REALLY looking forward to next week’s Gathering,

Stu

Two days to go. The bag is half packed, the maps are updated on the GPS, the cooler is in the back of the car for the Plainwell Ice Cream…..

Leaving in the morning, have to stop at Greg Long’s place to pick up my Pierce! See y’all there!!

Looking forward to seeing you all again and your great cars. Looks like the weather will be great with temps in the mid seventy’s and sunny.

Merlin, you should appreciate our fine Michigan weather this weekend,

Safe travels every one.

My first Gathering (Merlin tap danced on my head about it enough that I HAD to go!), back at home now but basking in the great memories! Beautiful cars, beautiful weather, and best of all, GREAT people to tour with and be around.

Had an absolute blast at the Gathering, many thanks to David and Diana, very well done!

I have to totally concur with David. I had an absolutely great time! The people in this organization are so friendly that the whole weekend was just wonderful! I finally got to meet David Coco after swapping all of the posts on the forum. Thanks to Dave Stevens and John Wozny, I passed the “Driving a Pierce Arrow 101” Class. That could become addictive. Interestingly enough, coming home Sunday afternoon, coming up I-294 just south of O’Hare Field, what pulls alongside me but a 1950’s Bentley woody Shooting Brake, possibly a Harold Radford conversion. What a weekend of nice people and interesting old cars!

I have to totally concur with David. I had an absolutely great time! The people in this organization are so friendly that the whole weekend was just wonderful! I finally got to meet David Coco after swapping all of the posts on the forum. Thanks to Dave Stevens and John Wozny, I passed the “Driving a Pierce Arrow 101” Class. That could become addictive. Interestingly enough, coming home Sunday afternoon, coming up I-294 just south of O’Hare Field, what pulls alongside me but a 1950’s Bentley woody Shooting Brake, possibly a Harold Radford conversion. What a weekend of nice people and interesting old cars!

Kenneth, it was a joy spending time with you this weekend. You were a natural behind the wheel of Dave’s V-12 EDL.

John

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.