Pierce-Arrow society sign in

Home Page Forums General Pierce-Arrow society sign in

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Just installed windows 10. Pierce site no longer remembers my sign in info. Anything else I have to do?

I’ve had the same issue and Windows 10 has slowed my computer down unbelievably. They invited me to download it for free about 6 months ago. Wish I hadn’t.

I have the same problem with windows 10. I don’t know if this post will make to this message board? Richard.

I’ve had the same problem since last July when I installed Windows 10. There seems to be no place that the new Browser Edge and the PAS site can save the User Name password. Other sites that I have used using Edge seem to have the save feature however. I this a PAS web site problem?

I’m using Windows 10 and it works just fine. It came factory installed on a new computer I bought a few months ago when my old laptop died.

Maybe Paul Morris will see this and give us an answer (if he has one). This is the only site that is reacting this way. I had to reinstall my password for other sites, but there is a “remember button” to push, and I have not had to repeat the process. Outside of this incident, I find Windows 10 to be faster, and much easier to use.

When I had a weak moment and spent the three hours installing Windows 10, the Pierce log in was the least of my worries. It only took about four logons for the program to recognize the fact that I wanted the PAS first on my Explorer links, and to bring up the auto login. The real problem came when I wanted to link Word and the other programs together. Watch very closely where the program automatically downloads your digital pictures. It took me an hour to find them the first time, and I still can’t figure out how to put them in my real pictures folder. I also lost the ability to “dumb down” the pictures so I can download some to the PAS site. My pics are usually over 4 megs in size, which is way more than the site can handle. They say the system is faster, but I can’t see it. What I do see is a plethora of ads everywhere. Hope the security features are much better, because the devil you know (Windows) has taken center stage for the ads, which by the way you can’t get rid of. George Orwell and Aldous Huxley were right.

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to 10 with no problems and for me it is a vast improvement over Windows 8. I am using Firefox rather Windows Edge. I tried Edge and when I couldn’t figure out how to get the favorites to show on the left side I gave up on it. The PAS login window pops up with the info already there (as it did in Win 7 and 8) so login is easy.

You can add me to the list of ones who accepted the invite to download for free and later regretted and lost all saved passwords.

Once again proving “free”” comes at a price.

Happy New Year and

Happy Motoring”

You can ad my computer as having the problem. Our computer might be too small to handle 10 and it’s effecting speed and details.

I don’t think it’s this site that is the problem, it’s among the few I don’t have a problem with since i went to 10. Most of mine is the “MSN has stopped working”” window then it closes. Several times a day.”

There is just too much new technology causing problems in our every day lives……….Wondows 10? What’s next hydraulic brakes? 😜

That’s passe. Chrysler already has them. Have you seen those disc brakes on airplanes? That’s something! probably won’t see it on cars in our lifetime, though.

This is an issue with the Windows 10 / Edge browser. Both the Chrome and Firefox browsers will remember your username/password on Windows 10 just as before.

I found a work-around for Win10/Edge:

1) Right click on the windows icon at the extreme lower left of your screen.

2) Click on “Control Panel””

3) Click on “”User Accounts””

4) Click on “”Manage Windows Credentials””

5) Look down several lines and click on “”Add a generic credential””

6) Enter http://www.pierce-arrow.org as the “”Internet or network address””. Also enter your PAS userid/password.

7) Click “”OK””.

You will need to restart your browser.

Paul”

Thanks Paul. I knew you would figure it out. Followed step by step and did it the first time!.. Am going to celebrate now. Tony

Tony,

Why celebrate alone!

You should send Paul a bottle of Bourbon as a thank you!

Peter

Paul is unlike many of the drunken dorks that we associate with!

It worked for me too.

Thanks paul

For all you Windows 10 users you may want to tweak your privacy settings.

I turned off as much information gathering as I could during the install when I upgraded to 10.

http://todaysweb.net/which-windows-10-settings-should-you-change-to-protect-your-privacy/

Thanks, Paul, for the work-around on Window 10. It worked for me as well.

Thanks also to Craig for the link. I was amazed at all of the turned-on items. I turned almost all of them off to prevent that pesky information gathering.

My pc also now works faster…

Mike & Pat

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.