radiator cap

Home Page Forums Engine radiator cap

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know if NAPA still carries the radiator cap for 1934-35? I believe originally it was known as a STANT R1 and was used on a lot of cars. I get no hits on the NAPA site for the number 7031325 listed in the parts and service directory. I have found some used ones on ebay but would like to find new if still available.

Thanks, Jim

Jim,

There are many NOS R-1 radiator caps available on ebay. One seller I communicated with felt strongly about the quality of the STANT caps verses the other and less expensive brands. The R-2 is a likely fit as well.

Joe

The original radiator cap is round with a single small handle on the side to rotate the cap. There is a Chevrolet cap from the era that is similar and fits the Pierce-Arrow.

I did find an NOS R-1 from an ebay vendor – isn’t “like new” but it should work. A description of the R-2 on ebay indicates it has a 1 5/8 diameter instead of 1 1/2 and I don’t think it will fit – too bad as there are more of them on ebay in better condition for less money.

The single handle cap Paul mentions is intriguing I haven’t seen one but will keep an eye out – it is perhaps needs a different keyword to show up on ebay?

Thanks, Jim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.