radiator core honeycomb

Home Page Forums Engine radiator core honeycomb

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My 1923 Piece-Arrow Model 33 has a leak (or leaks) in the radiator core, which is a honeycomb core. I would like some expert advice on how to fix it.

I could begin with trying a stop-leak product. I am wondering if anyone has some advice about using a stop-leak product in a honeycomb radiator.

The second option is to have the radiator re-cored with a replacement honeycomb core. If you know someone who can do this please let me know.

The third option is to put in a modern (not honeycomb) core. The modern cores are not as thick as the originals. If I did this I would want to cut a thin slice off the original honeycomb and mount it (dry) in front of the new core.  Again, comments? Also, any suggestions about who could do this?

Thanks for any comments you’d like to make.

Arnold Romberg

[email protected]
    512 422-0149

There are several vendors listed in the “Parts and Services Directory” that deal with Honeycomb Radiators.

Arnold, i had leaks on my 1931 Model 42 that could not be corrected.  As a result i opted for a new honeycomb radiator.  I worked thru a local radiator expert in Albuquerque who contracted to have one made.  The only place he found that would build the honeycomb core was in England.  Fortunately they had all the specs/dimensions for the Pierce.  The down side was it was very expensive!!!  In retrospect, if i had it to do over again, i think i would probably use a modern core.  Since i am not interested in a concurs car, and i suspect that if i were to sell my car, i would not get any premium $$ because i have a new honeycomb core.  I must stay that it certainly does run cooler!

Good Luck,

Kirby Jefferson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.