radiator pad/

Home Page Forums Chassis radiator pad/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Is there supposed to be a rubber pad that the radiator sits on? Someone had made one when rebuilt in the ’60’s, but now that I am putting it together the big bottom radiator outlet hose interferes where it goes under the front engine cross member. I believe the radiator bottom outlet and the outlet pipe connecting to the water pump is original and correct with the intended angles. Without the pad (metal on metal) the radiator drops slightly to where it may still touch but not rub as hard against the cross member.

Thanks for any help!

Jim

Jim,

My ’30 had rubber pads under the radiator, whether it is correct or not I don’t know I replaced them with new ones. Now you have a project. Jim

Actually I had already made one and it slipped off the bolt yesterday when I thought I was installing for the final time. The interference made me wonder whether it actually had one originally.

Thanks! Jim

Jim do you know about how thick the rubber pads are?

Dave

Dave,

If you were asking me, I can go out and check mine in the morning. I think I decided on the thickness by seeing how the hood line looked from the cowl to the radiator shell. Jim L

Both the Series133/143 & 1930 Model A B C parts books show a rubber pad with a washer either side.1929 Page 45 & 1930 page 45. The 1930 one gives part numbers to the washers, nut & pin– but no mention of the rubber bit. Looks about 1/2″ to 5/8’thick. My put 5/8″”ones on my 1929 133. They compress down to near 1/2″”. Bonnet (sorry Yankee HOOD) shows that it is about right— but of course it depends on the body shims also.

Cheers

jak.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.