Home Page Forums Body Radio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #391544

    I have a Philco radio and the vibrator and rectifier tube are bad. Does anybody know of a parts source? There is a place on the net that says they have a electronic conversion but they don’t respond at all. The vibrator has 4 pins ( not 2 C cells), or is there a work around for that. Jim



    Try Antique Electronic Supply in Arizona. They have vibrators and tubes. Let me know what tube you need, I may have it as well. I culled a bunch, but still have more than 5000 radio and TV tubes from the 20’s to the 80’s. If the radio has been sitting a while, you will likely need the electrolytic capacitors as well. They are usually tallish aluminum cylinders that say something like 50 mfd (Microfarad) on the side. They may be duals, with two caps inside. Questions, give me a call at 703 628-1190 east coast time.



    I am having a guy that works on old radios as a hobby work on it, since I couldn’t find anybody that would consider touching it.

    I’ll pass along the info.

    I know he said to replace all the capacitors because the paper wrapped ones were showing some leakage.The speaker need reconed. If it doesn’t produce Carbon Monoxide I don’t understand it, and then sometimes I don’t. Thanks. Jim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.