Re: Pierce Arrow Engine Valuation

Home Page Forums Engine Re: Pierce Arrow Engine Valuation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Contact Pat Craig of Stocton, CA. 209-462-0577 (home). PAS member.

These appear to be 48HP engines. Rodney Flournoy in CA would also be a good source of information.

Something else to consider:
    The Pierce-Arrow Museum in Hickory Corners would like to have one of these for a display if either turns out to be uneconomical to rebuild. A tax deduction value might well exceed the immediate open market value.

Russ,

We recently reconditioned a model 53 for a local PAS member. Pictures of the restoration of the engine can be found at http://www.portcitymachine.com in the classic section.
    A simple visual inspection may not reveal some costly repairs. I can provide some in-depth details of common problems to look for when inspecting an engine. If interested, give me a call.

Skip Ohnmacht
    (315) 343-6030 M-F 8am-5pm EST
    (315) 343-3666 eves after 8pm and weekends

The dual valve engine is a series 51 (1919/1920). The other engine is a series four, probably 1917 or 1918.

Thank you for the information to-date. It has been most helpful. What I would like to aquire is a ballpark fiqure on what one might pay for such engines as shown, as is without any knowledge of their actual mechanical status.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.