Reference check please

Home Page Forums General Reference check please

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m considering doing business with Shawn Miller of Significantcars.com. Has anyone on here sold or bought from him? Good and/or bad experiences (with discretion) would be appreciated. Anything negative please just pm me at gadgetrat@gmail rather than posting here. Many thanks.

Brian,

A few years ago, I sold a (low mileage, like-new, original) ’75 Oldsmobile 88 convertible through Shawn Miller / Significant Cars. Miller’s brokerage contract had a fixed percentage fee and he promptly marketed the car with a listing on his website, plus several listings in Hemmings and eBay. The car sold soon thereafter, it was a simple transaction and I would use his service again. (Disclaimer, I have zero interest in his business.)

In recent years, Miller has brokered the sales of a number of Pierce-Arrows including a ’33 Twelve EDL, ’35 Twelve conv coupe, ’36 Twelve coupe and a ’36 Eight sedan.

Hope this helps, Stu

Hello, I have purchased a car through him. He is a decent guy who has his own cars and some on commission. He has been around a long time. He is straightforward and honest. Which of his cars are you intrested in? Ed

I recently purchased the 1933 1236 EDL mentioned above from club member Ed Wagoner through Shaun Miller and had no problems with the transaction. Ed wanted to donate the proceeds, and used Significant Cars as a sale intermediary for tax purposes. I had absolutely no problem with the transaction. There was one minor problem with the car before I picked it up, and it was properly attended to. Shaun also arranged transportation up to the Chicago area for me. Just for the record, I also have no interest in his business. I would deal with him again.

Ken

Thanks everyone for taking the time to provide these insights. Edgar, I am contemplating having him sell our ’33 836 Brougham which was theirs. I’m looking for a hassle free turn key but fair price solution here as I have a lot of other of my parents assets to liquidate for them to go towards their assisted living costs. So far so good. Again thanks everyone. PAS is a great group of folks!

Brian, good luck with the sale. Market is soft right now. To move a car quickly can be quite a challenge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.