Retracing the Serial No. on a PA

Home Page Forums Chassis Retracing the Serial No. on a PA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have been trying to find the Serial No. of my 1929 Club Brougham for a very long time. I have the Body No. and Engine No. There was no Serial Tag on the car when I purchased it over 40 Year ago. In Oregon it was registered with the Engine No. on the Title.

I have just found the Cushion and Back Tag under the front seat.

Picture enclosed.

I know that sometimes you can retrace the serial No. using the upholstery information.

Can anybody help on this?

Bob Lind

Bob – The serial numbers for the 1929 Model 133 began with with “200” followed by four digits. The last four digits of the serial number were used to track the cushion from the upholstry shop to the floor where the car was being assembled. This said, I would think that the serial number for your car would be 2005978.

Hey Paul,

I’m sorry to disagree, but I don’t think I agree with your estimate of 2005978 as a Serial Number for this 1929. This 133 has engine number A-3700. Unless the engine has been changed and this is not the original engine in this car, this engine would correspond to a lower Chassis Serial Number, likely in the 2002600 range. I had not heard the correlation between the seat tag numbers and the Serial Number, but it seems like there are fewer seat tags left than chassis Serial Number plates!

Cars with a Chassis Serial Number of 2005978 would have an engine number somewhere around A-7800. You can kind of see the pattern in the Roster data.

Further, interpolation of the body tag sequence number of this car with cars with known sequence numbers would also correspond to a lower Chassis Serial Number in the 2002600 range.

For what it is worth.

Happy Motoring,

Chris Diekman

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.