Rust in fuel tank and cooling system.

Home Page Forums General Rust in fuel tank and cooling system.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

OK, I don’t usually endorse a product publicly, but have found something that may be of use to many of the club members. I recently bought a 32 series 54 coupe that was restored in the 70’s and 80’s. It was finished than sat for quite a while. Had the usual old car sitting blues. The gas tank was rusty as well as the cooling system. I had seen some new rust remover from another local shop being used on a V-16 Caddy and found it quite interesting. It works well and is non toxic. The web site is posted below. I used it in the 32 tank after a rinse of MEK. It removed ALL the rust and worked as advertised. I am now going to use it in the cooling system to clean out all of the fine rust that is in the system. The car ran cool and did not push water but the system was very rusty. So much so that I have never seen a system with so much fine rust floating through it. I will run the stuff in the cooling system and report back on it. The rust remover works by removing the oxygen molecule from the rust oxide and thus breaks it down. It is NOT an acid or alkaline, it is neutral pH and can be poured down the drain. It works like it says it does on the web site. Yes, it is EXPENSIVE. Take a look, and if anyone else has tried it or does in the future please post the results. I will post some photos of my results next week. Ed

http://www.safestrustremover.com/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.