Salon features

Home Page Forums General Salon features

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know the difference between “Salon” and non-salon cars?

I am looking at what must be the price sheets. ( 6.75 X 3.75 cards)

Under the various body styles it says “This body type also furnished as a Salon Model” and refers to page E-4.

I don’t have E-4.

Any clues to the differences?

Thanks, as always, in advance.

Bill

Bill, what year? Then I am sure we can chime in. Ed

Sorry ’33.

Hello William,

1933 Salon Models offered some nice features to “dress up” the appearance of the car. From the 1933 sales literature, examples are:

– Single chromed tail light on the passenger side rear fender.

– Chrome strips on the running board rubber

– Rear compartment electric clock mounted in a wood surround

– Chromed trim spears on the hood doors

– Archer hood ornament

– Chrome plated wheel trim rings

– Additional body color and interior material options

“Salon” models listed about $165 higher than the equivalent standard model. This seems to be an early attempt at “bundling” of options and a Pierce-Arrow “special value package” as supposedly, the cost of these items added up was $327, not including installation labor.

Happy Motoring,

Chris

The above information is better than I could have done, Salon term was used from 1930 to 1934 and maybe 35. Different variations on the above, usually on the largest series car early on, then across the board by 34. Example all non Pierce bodies were Salon models in 31 to 33. It also applied to some of the Pierce bodies. Ed

Chris and Edgar,

Thanks for the imput. That solves some of my questions, like why I did not have any hood door spears or rear clock.

Bill

While the clock, door spears, running board trim are nice options for appearance, I like the additional tailight/brakelight on the right fender.

It’s an important safety item when driving our cars in modern traffic.. It brings the car up to modern lighting standards [not including the rear window brakelights].

Greg Long

The 1930 Salon had 2 ash receivers in the dash, trim bead around the hood and running boards, umbrella holder in the right frt.

Jeff H.

The salon package may explain why some trunks on the Club sedan and club brogham have 4 chrome ( or stainless steel) pieces and some do not?. My trunk on the club brogham has some holes in it and the right rear fender has mounting holes for a tail light. However, My parts came from different cars. Running boards have many mounting holes in them that look like factory holes. The inside window molding on both rear side windows have ash tray mounting holes, but no ash trays. I keep telling myself, ” OLD CARS ARE FUN”” Regards Richard.”

I found the following after some more research:

The following is from a document Titled :Body Types on the Model 126″ and 836

“These body types are also built in a group of Salon Models which include the following extra features of equipment:

Two Chrome-plated outside horns

Chrome arrow hood-door decorations

Full chrome-plated radiator shutters

Pierce-Arrow Archer Emblem

Chrome-plated running board strips

Extra Tail and stop light, right rear fender

Chrome-plated wheel rings

Five extra extra exterior body color options

Lacquerred fenders in harmonizing colors

DeLuxe windshield wiper arms

Special wide-pleated cushions-two material options

Electric Clock in rear compartment”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.