Salt Flat Photos of the V-12 roadster.

Home Page Forums General Salt Flat Photos of the V-12 roadster.

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by .
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

You may have seen these before, if not enjoy. Ed

Next

Another

LAst one.

Hi Ed,

As you know, the first 3 pics are of the ’32 (unofficial AAA) run with a ’32 roadster, and the 4th pic is of the ’33 (AAA sanctioned) run with a ’33 roadster. The Price Museum of Speed in Salt Lake recently put out a new film, The Boys of Bonneville, which featured the ’32 and ’33 runs (and some good Studebaker and Duesenberg (Mormon Meteor I and II) footage. I supplied original footage for the ’32 Pierce run, and am credited in the film, along with the PAS. I tried to convince them to include the ’34 run, but they didn’t think they had the space.

Cheers,

Bob

What became of these cars? Did any survive?

Great Pics Ed, right now on eBay I hae 3 Pennzoil newpapers that feature Ab Jenkins and a Pierce Arrow V-12 on the Salt Flats. They evern show a picture of his family and kids. My sellers moniker is fej25 and the item number is: 121093345109

Good Luck to everyone. Jim

Thanks to Ed for the photos of the record taking Pierce. I am very interessted in motorsport from the good old days – road rally, rally cross, ice race, hill climbing etc. I also use to tease about Pierce-records with my Bugatti friends…

Here is a photo I found on the net. It shows Ab Jenkins with the V-12 Pierce-Arrow (in Buffalo?). As I understand Ab used a stock car which he picked up at the factory, made som adjustments and drove himself the long distance from Buffalo to the Salt Desert with the intention to go for a speed record.

Could anybody confirm that?

Winter race in 1922

Here is more contribution to motorsport. The first race in Sweden was arranged on february 12, 1922 outside Stockholm (the Capitol of Sweden) by the Royal Automobile Club. A vinter competition so to say! Among the 10.000 people who came to watch the race, was King Gustav V, his brother Crownprince Gustav Adolf and Prince Lennart.

29 cars were participating at the 2.6 km (1.62 miles) long track. Start No. 22 was James Hofgaard with his Pierce Arrow from 1919/20, model «51» I believe. The photo shows Hofman in a dramatic curve. No. 23 was also a Pierce-Arrow belonged to Ivar Akerman. As far as I know his car was from 1921. I have not succeded to find the results of the «snow race».

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.