Series 80 Fuse Box

Home Page Forums Chassis Series 80 Fuse Box

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anyone recall what the third fuse from the left side of the box protects?

I just noticed this fuse is blown on my Car.

if you are starting at the engine and counting toward the outside driver side the third is stop and back up light according to the label that is in my car under the fuses. series 80 4 passenger touring

Randy, if original, it should be going to the two front headlight light bulbs. Problem would be from fuse to headlight sockets, not from switch to fuse. 5th fuse is batt to switch, switch to number 3 fuse. Karl

Thanks, fellows!

I am painting the firewall and noticed this while moving the box. I have to get my interior lamp and dash/instrument lamps working while I am at it.

will try to send picture and hope detail shows

second attempt

New information: it is the second fuse from the left.

In that case on my car it is horn and ton

could not make picture work but email me [email protected] and I will email picture

Jim

You are probably right: I have the horn disconnected right now, as I have the cylinder head off.

Randy,

BTW, having the fuses in the correct position is only one-half of making the correct connections.

The other half is making sure that someone did not fool with the connections from the fuse box to the switch on the dash.

When I acquired my Series 80, my Uncle’s mechanic has moved some of the wires to different positions on the switch so that it did not operate in the proper sequence.

I needed to study the correct positioning and then check and recheck as I moved the switch from one position to the next.

I believe that it functions as follows: tail lights, city lights & tail, low beam & tail, high beam & tail.

Also remember that the reverse position / light is ALWAYS HOT, so never park with the transmission in Reverse or you will quickly kill your battery.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!

My car has been rewired and most things work, butbitvwas wired with industrial wire and I plan to redo this with more authentic-looking wire some day.

Randy,

First, what does not work properly?

Next, you should contact me for wire!

I have YARDS of appropriate wire in at least five different colors (cloth covered (over plastic insulated) with and without tracers) for which I have no use.

I will make you a smoking deal on the balance of the rolls that I have in stock.

I will send you photos if you wish.

Otherwise, contact Rhode Island Wiring to obtain the same that I have.

Peter

http://www.riwire.com/Catalogs/sup/pages/wire.htm

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.