Series 80 Windshield Frame

Home Page Forums Body Series 80 Windshield Frame

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I would like to know something about how the glass fits into the frame, how it seals, etc. if anyone has repaired one.

Just as well admit it now: I need to know everything about the Series 80…

Randy,

You have a Coach and I have a DeLuxe.

You have a one-piece windshield and I have a two-piece windshield.

I assume that you need to remove your movable windshield frame from the car and then remove the screws on the ends / sides / top / bottom of the movable frame to remove the glass.

If you are replacing the windshield, then you need to get your Glass Guy to make sure that there is a BUG (indicia) on the windshield certifying that the replacement glass is laminated.

You cannot participate in a PAS tour (officially) if your car does not have laminated windshield glass.

On my car, I had that BUG placed on the lower right part of the windshield so that I could mount the State Inspection Sticker behind the BUG.

In that way, I had the BUG / indicia, but it was camouflaged by the Inspection sticker.

Peter

My Car’s frame is a little rough; I found a company that makes replacements and I may do that rather than try to smooth it up. Also there is not a rubber gasket, but I found glass mounting tape in one of the antique car catalogs.

I want to know all I can before I start taking something apart that I am unfamiliar with. Mine is painted, and I don’t know if it should be painted or chromed, things like that I have to learn. I understand and agree with the laminated glass issue.

My state does not require an inspection on antique-plated cars, which is a break.

Thanks for the information!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.