shimmy discussion

Home Page Forums Chassis shimmy discussion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

The excerpts of the thread from this forum about wheel shimmy in the latest PASB does not mention the “kick shackle” at the front left spring hanger. Presumably its purpose was to reduce the wheel fight and shimmy as it was on Packard. If it is frozen, the rubber bushings bad or the two coil springs are broken or mis-adjusted, I imagine it would be a contributor to shimmy.

I had to replace one of the springs, and there is a tension adjustment for that spring. Has anyone seen anything in the literature about proper tensioning of that spring or other problems related to the kick shackle?

I am still a long ways from driving to see if it is set up okay.

Thanks,

Jim

Is that an e-type in the background

Yup.

I knew you had impeccable taste. Looks like a ’67 1/2.

Chassis looks like it is coming along nicely.

Sir William Lyons

Sir William: Yes, the Jag is a ’68 series “1 12” which means it has some Series 1 and some series 2 bits, makes it challenging sometimes ordering parts.

The picture was taken last year and the frame was about to be rolled in to re-mate the body to it. I just finished main engine assembly and will be working the transmission/free wheel/power brake assembly next in hopes of engine start in a few months.

Jim

Jim,

You have been pretty stealthy with your restoration which I have been following. Sounds like you are making great progress.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.