Sill plate at golf club door

Home Page Forums Body Sill plate at golf club door

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I just purchased a 1930 Model B Convertible Coupe. I am interested if anyone owns a 1929, 30 or 31 Roadster, Coupe, or Convertible Coupe with a “factory” sill plate at the golf club door? We all have beautiful door sill plates but I have never seen anything but painted wood when bag doors are open at shows. I would think you would have at least a chrome plated brass sill to keep you from damaging the paint. Other makes have them including Auburn, Cadillac, and my Wills Ste. Claire. I looked at my 29 and 30 parts book, the “Story of Pierce” and all sales lit. I own without finding anything. Help? Thanks, Karl

Karl: My ’31 had no sill plate on bottom. Just painted wood.

I have seen one car with a thin piece of stainless, polished and installed with a few screws. It looked original, and maybe was done as a “show car” upgrade by the factory. The car had lots of little extras I was sure we’re done when new. If you have ever seen a LaBaron door sill on a Pierce, you will get the idea of what I saw. Very plain and understated, just fit well and several screws. I am sure if you ordered a car new and wanted something installed there, either the factory or the dealer would have got it done. While I am a purist when it comes to restoration and maintaining my cars, such a small thing in a place that’s almost never seen, I would make the piece and install it, it’s not like adding a over drive, modern transmission or the like, it’s very easily removed. Why not try it and post a few photos. Most importantly , enjoy your car the way you see fit. It’s a great car, hope to see it at a PAS meet soon. Ed.

Hi Karl, congratulation on the ‘new’ Pierce Arrow. You know, on some forums there is a saying that goes like this: if you don’t post photos, it never happened !! :-) It would be nice to see an image or two of your new acquisition.

Here is a photo of my gold clubs door on my ’29 roadster. No sill, just that step-up to match the door’s shape. I’m thinking that a sill plate would have to be bent in a similar shape, or have it on only one of the two horizontal surfaces ?

I have NO idea why my cat’s color is ORANGE in this image.. the car is RED. It must be the cell-phone camera’s flash .

Greg Long

This is the true color of my ’29 Roadster.

Greg.

Nice car, great dog!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.