Silver-Arrow sells at auction

Home Page Forums General Silver-Arrow sells at auction

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I got a call from a friend that knows I have a weak spot for

Pierce-Arrows.He wanted me to guess what Barrett-Jackson had

just sold a P.-A. for.I gave him a feeble guess and he stated

that $2,000,000 was the correct sum.After I composed myself,I

told him that the only P.-A. that could pull that amount would

be ex-Harrah’s Silver-Arrow.The last time I saw that car,it was

badly in need of a face-lift.

Can anybody verify what was relayed to me?

Anthony, I just looked at the BJ website and it was $2M!

Best-John

I hope this works?

The Silver Arrow caused a sensation when it was unveiled at the New York Auto Show in 1933. Only five were built and this is one of three that survived. Previously part of the Harrah’s Auto Collection. From the Blackhawk Collection.

Details: The Silver Arrow caused a sensation when it was unveiled at the New York Auto show in January 1933. It was the most daring and radical automobile of its day, giving an unnerving glimpse into the future. The $10,000.00 price tag was humbling as well. The top speed of 115 mph was unbelievable for a car of such size and stature. Only five were built. This car is one of three that survived. Previously part of the Harrah’s Auto Collection from the early 1960s until 1987. It was restored by the world famous Harrah’s facility. Full Harrah’s restoration records. First public auction of a Silver Arrow since 1973. From the Blackhawk Collection.

Best, Richard

I forgot where I found this, maybe it was thur the site, but I found it interesting because my wife had some of their silver.

A Silver Arrow for a Silver Baron.

Go to the bottom of the article

http://www.thestieffcompany.com/The_Stieff_Company/Stieff_Family_Photos.html

http://www.thestieffcompany.com/The_Stieff_Company/Stieff_Family_Photos.html

Hi Anthony, Im trying to copy and paste from the action. my computer skills are somewhat lacking but here goes my best effort.

Barrett-Jackson Lot: 5002 – 1933 PIERCE-ARROW SILVER ARROW

Lot Number: 5002

Add to Favorites

Email to a Friend

Send to Mobile Device

Insure this Vehicle

Auction: SCOTTSDALE 2012

Sale Type: RESERVE

Price: *$2,200,000.00

Year: 1933

Make: PIERCE-ARROW

Model:

Style: SILVER ARROW

VIN: 2575018

Exterior Color: SILVER/GREY

Interior Color: GREY

Cylinders: 12

Engine Size:

Transmission: 3-SPEED MANUAL

Summary: The Silver Arrow caused a sensation when it was unveiled at the New York Auto Show in 1933. Only five were built and this is one of three that survived. Previously part of the Harrah’s Auto Collection. From the Blackhawk Collection.

Details: The Silver Arrow caused a sensation when it was unveiled at the New York Auto show in January 1933. It was the most daring and radical automobile of its day, giving an unnerving glimpse into the future. The $10,000.00 price tag was humbling as well. The top speed of 115 mph was unbelievable for a car of such size and stature. Only five were built. This car is one of three that survived. Previously part of the Harrah’s Auto Collection from the early 1960s until 1987. It was restored by the world famous Harrah’s facility. Full Harrah’s restoration records. First public auction of a Silver Arrow since 1973. From the Blackhawk Collection.

Share Tools: StumbleUponEmailShareThis

*Price Includes Buyers Commission

Barrett-Jackson Auction Company • 7400 E Monte Cristo Av

I’ve visited this car a couple of times in the Blackhawk collection, and if one wants a car restored to the standards of the 21st century, this is not the car….while still beautiful, it is a very tired older restoration…when I saw it last it even had a cracked door window….the funny thing to me is that I’d heard the Blackhawk had been asking 1.5 million for it and couldn’t find a buyer….anyone know who bought it?

David, this am when I saw this new discussion, I searched the BJ webpage using “Silver Arrow””. It came up with a 2 minute video of the auction climax going back and forth between the last two bidders. I personally don’t recognize the winner but the commentator noted he was a well known collector.

best

John”

Thanks,William,for supplying one of the most interesting articles

I’ve read this year.I don’t think the 2 cars parked in front of the

house are Pierces or Packards.

The auction car must have received a facelift to turn it from a $1.5M

unsold car,into a $2M one(with a $200,000 tip to the auction house

on top of that).

Now,if I can just convince the neighbors(and the tax man)that I am a

poor Pierce-Arrow owner,my existence will be a little more

comfortable.Will the value of my Model A priced sedan go up or is that

just a sign of what’s occuring to the value of my dollars(which I’m

also endeavoring to collect).

I remember when I looked at the car with my father in the 80’s. My father offered 250 but didn’t know they were asking 475 at the time. May have been the other one as they owned two at the time. Ed

The older gentleman in the skybox bought the Silver Arrow, I don’t recognize him. The underbidder was Gordon Apker.

If the restoration was “fresh”, then it’s been updated since Easter of 2011, which is the last time I saw the car….dc

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.