Silver Arrow show car being auctioned

Home Page Forums General Silver Arrow show car being auctioned

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author

see that Mr. Derro is putting his Silver Arrow at auction, Hershey. Oh my, anyone want to go partners? I can probably come up with a few thousand dollars….if you’ll do the rest…

http://www.rmsothebys.com/hf17/hershey/lots/1933-pierce-arrow-silver-arrow/1703800

Hello David,

How much is the Plasma Alliance paying for bone marrow today?

I could donate $15 or $20 toward your purchase…

This weekend, there are three very nice P-A’s being auctioned in Auburn, IN, too.

Good luck, Stu

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?Order=runorder&feature=&collection=&grouping=&category=&SaleCode=AF17&ID=r0011

Some gorgeous and significant cars will change hands soon.

Hopefully the new owners see fit to join the PAS.

David,

Auctions America just added Pierce-Arrow #4 to this weekend’s Auburn, Indiana auction.

Stu

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?Order=runorder&feature=&collection=&grouping=&category=&SaleCode=AF17&ID=r0108

Thanks, Stu…wow, finally, the last one I could afford…but I think that car has been discussed before, and is somewhat of a, uh, bastard, perhaps? ….I’m sure hankering for a 36 on car, but it’ll be a dream I guess, particularly after seeing the estimate on that open front limo… yours is a beauty….

David and Stu, both you gents would look good in that 33 Silver Arrow.

Well, heck, I offered to go partners on it, now if Stu would just come up with the rest of the zeros on the check, we’d be set! I’d even let him drive every now and then….

Is that ’26 the Frankencar that has been discussed here before?

Because that seems like an awfully low estimate for an open car and the proportions just don’t look right.

Craig, I think your eye is well calibrated.

Tommy Derro passed away a few months ago. All his cars are being sold in that same auction.

Oh, I wasn’t aware that Mr. Derro had passed, sorry to hear that and it explains the car being available….will be interesting to see where it ends up….

Yes, that #4 “Pierce” roadster is the ‘Franken-Pierce’ as suggested in above comments. There is nothing from the firewall back that is correct. The body is 1″steel angle iron with steel skin ‘pop-riveted’ on. From the firewall forward, there are some Pierce parts usable.

I’m at the Auburn Auction with my 1929 Pierce-Arrow Roadster in the Car Corral. It sure gets a lot of attention, but no offers yet.

Did Mr. Derro have any other Pierce Arrows ?

Greg Long

Tom had a Duesenberg, Chrysler T&C and some others. No other Pierce-Arrows to my knowledge.

From conversations I heard over the years, Tom Derro’s Silver Arrow was the most authentic of the three survivors. If that’s true then the auction will be most interesting to watch.

I believe there are four of the five that have survived……three are quite visible, I believe the fourth is in a private collection and seldom seen…..someone more in tune can verify or deny that…

Auburn Fall 2017 Results from last weekend:

#1 1936 Derham Town Car $170,500

#2 1928 36 7 Pass – did not sell

#3 1929 Conv Coupe $102,000

#4 1926 80 Roadster $15,950

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/all-lots.cfm?order=auctioned&noreserve=&category=&year=Year+or+Lot+Number&make=Pierce-Arrow&model=Model&SaleCode=AF17&StillforSale=

I was next to the Derro Silver Arrow in Amelia Island years ago. It could barely make it onto the field and off again despite much attention and effort. It didn’t seem much different at the 2007 PAS Annual Meet in MA.

Since this car should be in a Museum, I’ll add $1,000 to David Coco’s auction war chest so he can donate it to the Pierce-Arrow Museum. If he doesn’t want to donate it, we’ll do the same for a long term loan and free heated storage. I’ll have the $1,000 check ready at Hershey!

Dave Stevens

Sure wish my pockets were that deep, I’d like to see that car at the museum…..but as it is, if a trip around the world cost a dollar, I’m not sure I could afford to get to the end of ny driveway….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.