Some help PLEASE, for the 2018 National meet, I need your OPINIONs

Home Page Forums General Some help PLEASE, for the 2018 National meet, I need your OPINIONs

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone. I’m involved in getting the 2018 PAS National meet off and running. It will be located about an hour drive north of San Francisco/Oakland. In Sonoma wine country.

One of the better weeks to hold the meet is during July 1st thru 7th. The 4th of July is on a Wednesday in 2018. So there is really no ‘4th of July weekend’.

I know that some families have a tradition for a weekend at the beach, or the lake, or just to BBQ on the back porch..

BUT, I’d like your opinions about scheduling the National meet to have it’s own 4th of July celebration, and have the PAS members attending the meet to have a new location to enjoy and celebrate,

The availability f airline flights is not usually affected by the 4th of july holiday, it is not a high volume travel holiday, When I was still flying for a living, the planes usually had lower than normal passenger loads.

So, what do you think? if you would post a reply, to let me know if having it over the 4th holiday would make you WANT to come to the meet? or would it make you NOT WANT to leave home for the meet and tours. ?

Right now, i’m looking into a very classy event on the evening of the 4th, just about 2 miles from the meet hotel, where there is a symphony, fireworks etc.. And I’m looking into seeing if the event coordinators would like to have a display of Pierce Arrows for the event.

Please reply to this as quickly as possible, I need to choose the dates for the National meet within a few days.

The second block of days is the week following, July 8th thru 15th. But no 4th of July celebrations

Thanks,

Greg Long

Hello Greg,

For my wife and I coming from the San Luis Obispo area about a 6 hour drive it would be wonderful event to attend on the 4th of July week. We look forward to

meeting you and the rest of the PAS members.

Thank you for your efforts.

Sincerely,

Ken

Greg,

Those of us still shackled to employment, a midweek 4 th means you can get off 9 days in a row using only 4 vacation days. Some businesses, like my wife’s close for that week. That is a great part of the country to spend 9 days.

I would vote for it.

Bill & Peggy

Sounds great, Greg. Time to ratchet up the search for a 30’s sedan to make the drive up from Tucson.

Thanks Tony, I’ll mark you vote as ‘YES’ the meet on the week of the 4th is OK..

Greg

That week works for us.

Dave

I agree with Bill Lyons: works great for me as well.

We will attend! Thanks, Greg!

Mike & Pat

Sounds like a great way to spend the 4th……and a chance to escape that “relatives”” thing.

We vote Yes.”

The time frame would be fine for me, but I would be a little concerned about holiday traffic when touring. Everybody might have the same idea. Not being too familiar with the area, if it doesn’t get too touristy, it would be fine.

Hello Ken, Our hotel is within a mile of out 2-lane country roads, and when we tour, we will for the most part be traveling away from the crowds, and be on roads that most modern traffic would avoid..

The whole summer season in Sonoma County is relatively busy, especially on weekends. But, since this PAS meet will run from Monday=Friday we will be avoiding the weekend traffic and most of the time we will be going in the opposite direction.

A fellow PAS member who also tours in other clubs, said one of the routes we discussed he had traveled recently, and covered almost 40 miles of beautiful road, with great scenery, and only saw 5 other cars, modern cars during that drive.. I do plan on using that route on one of our tours.. the one to the coast to go dip our toes in the Pacific Ocean.

Greg Long

Hello Greg,

I want to make sure our vote is counted. Twila and I vote YES and as soon as you

have the Hotel Lined up we would like to stake our reservation. We are looking forward to this event. It will be our first one.

Ken

I’m good with that week. Looking forward to attending, if I am going to haul one cross country, I may as well bring two! And with the 48 foot trailer, I will. Ed

I’m not sure I can attend, but that seems like a great week to have a tour…as mentioned, people working can just take off 4 days for the seek, and usually, while the 4th of July is an important day and holiday, it’s not necessarily a “stay at home” holiday.

I’d say schedule it! I’d love to go to it, we love San Francisco and the area around it has some beautiful scenery!

Hi Greg

My vote is YES and would like to mention that those who would bring school age guests would not have the problem of missing school like we had at Kerrville which is true with any date in July as far as I know.

I look forward to it

THANKS FOR ASKING!!

Greg, we’re down with patriots and Pierce Arrows! Great planning suggestion.

Thanks for being out in front on this meet.

John

Schedule it! We love the idea.

Dave

Nice area, pleasant weather and good scenery, you have my vote.

Al

Greg,

You might canvas the regular attenders and the west-coast crowd for their opinions, as only a small percentage of PAS members look at the website with any regularity.

The time of year is okay and the location sounds superior.

Peter

We’d come for sure.

Bill and Wilma

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.