Split Rim availability, Series 80 & other Pierce-Arrow Cars

Home Page Forums General Split Rim availability, Series 80 & other Pierce-Arrow Cars

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

For anyone interested, particularly for those who may wish to move from a single rear spare to a dual rear spare set up!

You do not have to hunt for one.

Coker Tire will make a split rim for you.

I had them do it and sent them a dimensional drawing of the rim, including the placement of the tube stem hole and where the split should be relative to the tube stem hole.

They offered a closure snap, but I had them skip that for me and had a local blacksmith create a Series 80 style closure (easy to do).

The rim is identical to the original and has run on the car without a problem for the past 5-years.

G’day from the Land of OZ

Peter.

Do they make the later 1929 ones as in the attached photo?

Jak.

Ps. I have 4 brand new 19″ split rims from Universal Tires that I bought in anticipation for my 1929 car & they are the type without any of the above special bits. Silly me!!”

G’day Jak,

I do not know the answer to that question.

I first found out that they made rims when I visited their mega-store-booth at Hershey.

I asked a few questions and when I got home, I created a dimensional diagram for them, including cross-section.

They were happy to create what I needed for about $200USD.

See the URL attached for their “stock” options.

My request was not a “stock” request, but they made it anyway, lickety-split .

I believe that they have pretty sophisticated presses.

I hope that this helps.

Best to you in OZ,

Peter

http://www.cokertire.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=rims&order=bestsellers

http://www.cokertire.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=rims&order=bestsellers

The URL seems to take you to the homepage, search RIMS and you will get there.

I tried using the URL here a few times and always get to somewhere other than the Best Sellers Rims page.

Thanks Peter

I will follow it up. Nothing ventured nothing etc.–Jak.

Jak,

Nothing ventured, nothing spent!

Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.