Thank you from (the same) new member

Home Page Forums General Thank you from (the same) new member

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dear all,

I want to thank all of you for the warm greeting and assistance. In fact, due to all you help, but especially due to two exceptional gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of a Pierce Arrow! I never expected this to all happen so fast. This is all due to two people in particular who I especially want to thank, Ed Minnie and Darryl Cutter. Ed is an amazing wealth of knowledge. He spent hours with me on the phone educating me about Pierce Arrows in general and the 1929 roadster that I was looking at in particular. I was impressed by both his breath and depth of knowledge of Pierce Arrows, but also numerous other pre-war cars. When I needed someone to help me with a PPI, a recommendation from a very accomplished and knowledgeable person in pre-war cars unconditionally recommended Ed. When I flew in to see the car, Ed picked me up at the airport, and we drove to look at the car. After lunch, he gave me a tour of the Cape in Massachusetts and then took me back to the airport. What a great day I had.

The other exceptional person is Darryl, the owner of the Pierce Arrow I ended up buying. He is one of the finest gentlemen I have dealt with when purchasing a car. He was very patient with all the questions I had for him and he also spent literally hours on the phone with me talking about his Pierce Arrow in particular, but we also talked about a wide range of interests we have in common. I was so impressed by all the work that Darryl had done on the car. It clearly showed that the car was restored as a labor of love and to be driven and not simply to resell. It was clear to me that Darryl had mixed emotions about selling the car and had great fondness for it, exactly what I appreciate in a previous owner. After spending so much time talking to Darryl on the phone, it was great to finally meet him in person. He is just as nice in person as he is on the phone. After all the time we had spent talking with each other, we were able to relatively quickly come to an agreement on the sale of the car. Again, he was a gentleman about all aspects of the sale and negotiation. So again, thank you all, but especially thank you Ed and Darryl. I could not have asked for two better gentlemen to introduce me into the world of Pierce Arrows.

Fantastic story, that’s a beautiful car and you’ll enjoy it….you know, Ed is a pretty good fellow, considering!

Seriously, as you found out, Ed’s a great resource. Congratulations!

A bit off subject, but Ed is very handsome too.

Congratulations on the purchase of a beautiful Pierce and welcome to the wonderful world of Pierce Arrow ownership.

As you have found, the PAS is full of great members with a wealth of knowledge.

I doubt you’ll find a finer group of people than the members of this organization.

Enjoy your new Pierce.

Robert, Thank you for the kind words. John, you make me blush! Dave, your the best. :-)

John,

We only live 40 or so miles apart. I can recommend a great ophthalmologist for you! In fact, he is operating on my eye in a couple of hours. It will be nice to be able to see again.

Ed and John Cislak as well as many others have helped me get parts for a ’29 Club Brougham that has been sleeping with a cracked block for almost 10 years. Keep checking back on this message board, there are dozens of folks with a wide range of experience in PA’s in particular but in all things related and unrelated to PA’s.

Bob, you’re right, we live very close. Ha, ha-I think my vision is okay, but I do wish you a successful eye surgery today and speedy recovery.

I concur with the above: Ed & John are great guys and tremendous assets to the club-they are ‘show quality’ on the inside where it counts!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.