Thanksgiving Thoughts

Home Page Forums General Thanksgiving Thoughts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Just wanted to share some Thanksgiving thoughts at this time of the year. Thankful for my Grandfather’s stories about his old Pierces and getting me interested in them, and very thankful I was able to finally retire and start getting involved in this interest. Thankful for being able to find just the car I wanted, at the price I could afford, and having the space to properly care and store for it. Very thankful for the Pierce Arrow Society, as I’ve been involved with the Society for about three years now, and have found the people to be wonderful without exception. In German, there is a word “sympatisch,” and in Italian one might say “simpatico,” and while one might think they translate as sympathetic in English, they actually mean someone that you have a lot of common with, have similar interests, totally comfortable with, agreeable, feel warm and accepted, etc., and this is the only way I can express my feelings for the group. I’ve even thankful for the little problems I’ve had along the way with my car, because I never would have known how helpful and outgoing the other members of the club were without these little problems. I simply can’t get over how helpful the people in this club are, and look forward to going along on the Winter Meet (snow permitting!)

Happy Thanksgiving to all from Chicago!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Kenneth.

John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.