Timing Cover Gasket

Home Page Forums Engine Timing Cover Gasket

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

We are finally getting the 8 cylinder engine together for my ’29. I bought the full engine gasket set from Olson’s, but it didn’t come with a timing cover gasket. It looks like it should be a rope seal. Can anyone give more detail on this, what size it is, and where we should look to find what we need?

Thanks!

Bob

Are you looking for the cover to block flat gasket or the cover to crankshaft pulley felt gasket?

Bill

Bob,

Contact Olsen and see if they made a mistake in what they sent yo.

Peter

Bill,

Sorry for not getting back to you, had to make a speech in Atlanta. It is the gasket between the block and the timing cover. I hadn’t checked to see if he had the crank seal.

Bob

That’s a flat gasket and should have been in the overhaul kit. I’d get back to Olson’s. The ’29 gasket is unique.

Thanks!

What’s really unique about this is that you have the engine done!

The rebuilder, as Bob knows, is a good friend of mine, and as far as I know, I still hold the record for how long an engine was in his shop for rebuild…..7 years!!

David……you do NOT hold the record……….just saying……….

I mentioned in the first post that I was not looking for the crank seal. Now I am. Does anyone have any idea what this seal should be? It looks like either a 3/8 or 5/16 inch square rope seal. Any thoughts or info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bob

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.