Tools and Accessories Wanted

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell Tools and Accessories Wanted

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone! I was fortunate to take ownership of a 1916 Pierce Arrow model 38. The car has a few of the original tools, but according to the owners manual a number of them are missing. I am also looking for the Duplex Oil Cans that go under the seat. If anyone has any tools, cans, accessories, etc. for this car, please contact me. Thanks! – Joseph

[email protected]

Joseph, congrats on the awesome car! Sorry I can’t help with your tool & accessory needs.

Best-John

That is a killer car. Rick LeRoy

Hello Joseph,

The Duplex oil cans occasionally show up on eBay for about $500.00 + and there are reproduction floating around, but those that have them will not part with either the originals or the re-pops, so post a standing search on eBay.

As for the tools, it will really be best if you enumerate the tools for which you search.

Some of us have a ton of spares, but we do not know what you want or need.

By the way, that is quite a slick ride, very Ritzy; but then again it is a Pierce-Arrow.

Good hunting,

Peter

Hi Joseph,

Congratulations on your find.

Most of your tools would be Billings. I would contact PAS member Karl Krouch in PA. He deals in jacks and tools.

Happy Motoring,

Rick

The wrenches,hammer and screwdrivers for the Pierce Arrows of the Series 1,2,3 and 4 era and even a bit later would have been made by Billings and Spencer and JH williams.Most would have would have the Pierce name with an arrow through it on the tool.The pliers called for in the Series 4 tool listing would be 8 inch Reed pliers but these were not stamped with the Pierce name.

Thank you everyone! I have spoken with a few Pierce Arrow guys, and I can not express my great-fullness enough! The Pierce Arrow car guys have been SO helpful! Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I will get more of a detailed list put up here in the future… (But right now I pretty much need about 90% of the items. I have attached a pic of what I DO have. I understand that a couple of the wrenches and the small oil can are not correct (I jumped the gun on ebay before I knew what I was looking for haha). Thanks again everyone!

Hello Joseph, congratulations on a wonderful car ! I see at least two mid-20’s Series 80 or 81 tools in your photo.

I have a series 4 owners manual, I’ll look in it to see if they list the tools provide with the car.

Tell us about the car: is it mostly original? or a restored car? Recently restored or done a few decades ago?

How does it run and drive ??

Will we see it in Kerrville in 2016?

Greg Long

Thanks Gregory! I do have the list of the items that were supposed to come with the car. (WHAT A LONG LIST!) But Thank you! Ill start another post with the questions you asked in regards to the car.

There is a Duplex oil can on eBay. Item 201225366446.

Just FYI, the Duplex oil can on eBay is not the large flat style intended to fit under the front seat.

Be patient and one will come along, if you must have one.

In the meantime, enjoy driving you wonderful new Pierce-Arrow.

Not all Pierce-Arrows use the same Duplex cans. The earlier cars have space for different shapes/sizes of oil cans. I’ve attached a photo of the “Special Compound”” can that is still in the lockable tool compartment under the front seat of my unrestored Series 33. This can fits in a felt-lined recess in the floor of the tool compartment that is shaped to just fit the can.

Paul”

This is interesting as the later cans seem to show the lady in a car with gas lamps while the cans in my C-3 Five Passenger Touring Car built in fall of 1914 show the same lady in a car with the fender headlamps.The cans in another Series 3 which happens to be a very original car like mine are the same way.The can on Ebay I believe is a chassis lubricator oil can which would place it in the 20’s somewhere and it has the gaslight Pierce Arrow logo.I am seen pictures of the hypoid oil can which would contain the hypoid oil for the new Pierce Arrow Eight of 1929 and it has the gaslight Pierce Arrow logo.I was told once that something may have happened

to the silk screen pattern for the fender headlight logo so they used the gaslight logo.It is my opinion that Pierce Arrow specified lubricants were still being packaged in these colorful cans at least into 1931 or so.

I don’t know that I’ve seen a can with fender headlights. My tall, skinny Series 80 can has the lady with the gas lights…..

Paul

Here is a 5 gallon can.

Here ia a one gallon oil can.

And a wonder mist can.

Those are some very nice cans. From what I hear, the correct ones for a 1916 would have the lights that are integrated into the fenders… or maybe I misunderstood? Either way, hopefully I find some for sale for a decent price. I have time…. The hunt has been fun, and I have already met some great Pierce People and have already added about 10 more tools I was missing! woohoo! Thanks for the pictures everyone! if any come for sale, please email me. [email protected]

Wow… Wonder Mist… What is that? Sounds cool!

All this talk of compartments under the front seats has me wondering.

Does the front seat of a late ’29 have storage under it?

The car has been in the family since the mid 60’s and I don’t think I’ve ever seen the front seat lifted in any way.

I want to go out to the garage and start trying to lift the front seat but I don’t want to yank on it and break something if the seat isn’t supposed to lift up.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.