Toyota museum Pierce

Home Page Forums General Toyota museum Pierce

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

So I sent a Facebook personal message to a museum in Japan yesterday, along with a photo, asking if they had any information on the whereabouts of Emperor Hirohito’s Pierce-Arrow. They explained they did not have any information about that particular car, but did send me a link to the Toyota Museum, along with this photo of a 1927 series 36 sedan in their collection. While I would like to find out more details about this car, I cannot seem to find an email address in the link provided.

What made you believe the Emperor owned a Pierce-Arrow?

Anthony Costa,

This…

I heard some years back that in the Emperor’s garage there was a virtually like new 1929 Series 133 Phaeton and I wonder if this Series 4 which appears to be a 66

might still survive also.The Royal family of Thailand has a beautiful 1931 Series 43 Phaeton.About 1990,there were photos of another 1929 133 Phaeton in Japan in an issue of the Arrow.This car fitted with bracket headlamps was in unrestored condition.The Arrow article even showed the original Japanese registration papers for the car.It was not the Emperor’s car though.

The Toyota museum car is an EDL and listed in the museum directory. It is Serial number 361998, engine number 361990 and body code KK-634.

I published the photo on Facebook yesterday of the Emperor……..social media really get s round fast!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.