Transmission with free wheeling

Home Page Forums Engine Transmission with free wheeling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #390116

    I have a 1933 1236 club sedan with the free wheeling power brake transmission. I have read the service manuals and all of my cd info trying to determine what a small lever on the left top of the transmission is. It is a lever perhaps 1 inch long with a control rod through the lever having springs on each side of of the rod where it connects to the lever. Some past owner simply baling wired the lever forward as there is nothing connected to the control rod. Reading it might have originally been connected to the clutch to insure the clutch was disengaged when shifting the free wheeling, or it might have been connected someway to the shifting lever to ensure that when one put the car in reverse the free wheeling was disengaged. I have no clue as to what the connecting rod may have looked like nor to where it went. I just know the bailing wire isn’t original. Anyone have a suggestion or an answer. I can send a picture in jpg format to anyone with an email address, but hate to load the club page here. Help would be appreciated

    http://[email protected]


    Hi Forrest,

    My 1932 has two small levers on the left side of the free wheeling unit. The one in front stands about 1 1/2 tall and connects via cable to the lever on the dash to engage/lock-out the free-wheeling. The other lever, at the back-left side unit connects to the clutch pedal via a small rod. It has springs on either side of the lever on the free-wheeling unit and simply connects to a small hole in the clutch pedal arm.

    I don’t know if the 1236 is the same or not. You are welcome to come by and take a look (my ’32 is kind-of buried in the back of the garage) or I can send a few photos.




    I went to the garage and snapped a picture. The lever standing upright on the right connects to the lever on the dash (not connected in the picture). The lever on the left connects via the rod to the clutch pedal.




    If you can supply me with a “correct” picture of the part or parts you are in need of, I can probably help.

    Bob Sands

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.