Unknown Pierce in Dubai

Home Page Forums General Unknown Pierce in Dubai

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

For those of you who are not on the Facebook page you are missing out.

A gentleman from Iran has joined us and has sent these photos of another gold plated car from Dubai…looks to be a 1926 series 80 roadster.

Does anyone know of the history of this car?…

A photo of the interior…

Interesting, it has a family crest of some type on it……..wonder if it’s real or fake. There was another Pavalli PA, BUT IT WAS A 29 Touring.

Ed,

Around the time the Shah had ordered the Brunn Towncar,he also had a 1929 133 Tonneau Cowl Phaeton with bracket headlights.This car is pictured in Brooks Brierley’s book on Pierce Arrow.I wonder if they had several Pierce Arrows.This is like the 1932-1935 Grosser Mercedes Benz cars owned by Emperor Hirohito.There were seven and four remain if I am correct.One was damaged in the war,I think two were used for parts to keep the others going.One of the four is in the Mercedes Benz museum.Again I have been told of the like new 1929 Pierce Arrow Phaeton in the Emperor’s garage but who could verify this?

The Emperor’s Pierce Arrow wasn’t his. It belonged to a wealthy family that loaned it to the Imperial household when requested. The car survives, well worn and hasn’t run in years last I knew, still in the same family. Info was current five to seven years ago.

Ed,

This must be the car that was pictured in one of the Arrows back in the early 1990’s along with the car’s Japanese registration documents.The car was fitted with bracket headlamps.I will dig out that issue.An older friend in Santa Fe who was into antique cars was among the first soldiers to go into Tokyo after the war was over.The Emperor’s garage was off limits but he told me about they got into Prince Konoye’s garage and got his 1932 Packard Twin Six Packard Limousine and his circa 1937 Rolls Royce Phantom 111.He said they also relieved a captured German military attaché of his lovely 1939-1940 Buick Convertible.Wally also remembered the baby Datsuns and the early Toyotas that looked somewhat like Chrysler Airflows.This had to be an interesting tour of duty.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.