UUR-2 choke

Home Page Forums Engine UUR-2 choke

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

We are rebuilding a 1930 Model B with a straight 8. Wondering if someone would kindly take a picture of the carb choke assembly and post or send to me.

Thanks!!!

Call John Cislak, you should have a UU-2 carb, with I believe a small choke horn set up, most cars have been modified over the years, so it’s best to figure out what you have on the car, what the car came with, and what will work bet today. Exhaust manifolds, intake manifolds, and air filter systems should also be checked out to be sure they are correct, very often they are not. Es

My 1930 Model B came to me with a UUR-2 (correct for 1931-32) but it is VERY reliable and I’m not changing it to pick up a judging point. UU-2s have a reputation for being troublesome, especially the pot metal.

If you need pictures of a UU-2 setup just post here and I will gladly take a bunch of pics of my setup.

But yes, the pot metal on the UU-2 is a ticking time bomb.

UU-2 & UUR- 2 cars are totally different. The 2 is a much better carb. There are no less than five different castings for the top portion and three different bodies on the UU-2. Most people don’t have the correct set up on their car, as many changes are usually made over the years. I would estimate only ten percent of the carbs on all the PA cars are correct for year and application. Most cars do t run anywhere near their potential due to incorrect set up.

Hi Craig the UUR-2 choke linkage pictures would be very helpful. The choke linkage is what I am working on putting back together. I have rebuilt the carb and it seems to work very well. Thanks in advance for the help.

I saw an email you sent but it had nothing in the body.

I will take a few pictures of the entire assembly and send them to your email.

But remember, I have an original UU-2 carb on my ’29 so the linkage will be different.

If I remember correctly, the UUR-2 has its choke linkage on the opposite side of the carb body than the UU-2 carb does.

Oh ok Craig sorry I missed that in your message that your carb is a UU-2. The carb I have is a UUR-2. I have parts that I think go with it but not real sure how they go together. I will keep digging and hopefully figure it out. Thanks for your offer I really appreciate it.

David–

I have a 1929 Model 133 whigh originally had a UU-2 carb. I replaced it with a UUR-2 which I like much better. I have about four UU-2 and UUR-2 carbs, most of which I have overehauled. Lots of cars in the late 20s and early 30s used these carburetors. I even have a UUR-2 with a bronze body! Throttle linkage can be on either side of the body. Another common variation is the size of the intake throat.

I am restoring a 1930 Model A and will use a UUR-2 with a large throat.

In veiw of the many variations used, probably contempraneously, it seems to me that there should be no judging penalty for them. But Fay Butler might disagree!

I’ll be glad to send ou photos of several of these carburetors to show the choke linkage.

I would appreciate the carb photos. Thanks, DAVE STEPHENS

Arnold the pictures of the UUR-2 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dave Schaefer

Hi Arnold, Could you please send me a batch of photos as well?

please send to this email address: [email protected] This address will accept large file messages.

My @earthlink.net account is stingy with what it will accept.

Thanks.. Maybe an array of photos for an article on UU-2 and UUR-2 carbs will be in an upcoming Service Bulletin?

Thanks

Greg Long

With the scarcity of decent UU-2 carbs out there I may have to keep an eye out for a UUR-2 to run on the car and replace it with the original UU-2 I have on it now.

My current UU-2 is a ticking time bomb with the the condition of the pot metal main body.

Hi Arnold just wanted to check in to see if you would have a chance to send us a picture of the UUR-2 carb and choke linkage? I think i see Dave Stevens and Greg were looking for some help with that too.

Take care,

Dave

That was Dave STEPHENS in St.Louis, not Dave Stevens in Michigan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.