Valve Lifter Brackets for Series 80

Home Page Forums Engine Valve Lifter Brackets for Series 80

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

New Series 80 Gents,

The esteemed Mr. Krouch is offering Valve Lifter Brackets for Series 80 / 81 cars on the PAS Emporium.

You recent Series 80 / 81 owners should consider this item as vital.

If you adjusted your valves without problem, great!

However, I began to adjust my valves soon after I acquired my family’s Series 80 years ago.

As soon as I got into the job, I realized that I had a problem because of how previous mechanics improperly adjusted the valves.

If you dropped your oil pan and found chucks of cast iron in the sludge, you need to contact Karl.

Without doubt, the chunks came from broken valve lifter brackets.

Take this as friendly advice from someone who has had a bunch of engine issues on what I believed to be a pristine family owned Series 80.

Remember, they are +/- 90-years old and the brackets are CAST IRON, not steel.

Happy motoring,

Peter

Peter, Thanks for the kind words. The lifter bracket project was one that was difficult to bring to members due to the process needed to go from broken parts to a casting pattern that accounted for the 1/2in. per foot shrinkage of molten grey iron,the placement of core boxes, and the multi-step machining of the part. The first run took over two years. We now have over 30 Series 80 and 81’s that are running this set of Brackets. I urge everyone to support all the members and PAS Foundations repro projects as they come avaliable because many times there are years between runs! Karl

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.