Vanity with Clock on eBay

Home Page Forums Body Vanity with Clock on eBay

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Gents and Ladies,

To continue the chatter about rear seat vanities, there is a nice single vanity on eBay with a Waltham / Pierce-Arrow clock.

The clock has a WHITE FACE, (HA! – for those of you in on the previous exchange).

Good luck if you bid.

Peter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Pierce-Arrow-Motor-Car-Company-Clock-by-Waltham-Early-1900s-NO-RESERVE-/322330848719?hash=item4b0c6a6dcf:g:DIMAAOSw5cNYLRcY

What is the Era you feel it is from?

I have this vanity and clock in my 1928 series 36 7 pass sedan…Ed

Ed,

Thank you, I was wondering how it would look in my 1925 Series 80. The Clock Face

in the 80 on the dash is Black. Sounds like it is close to the year and could work.

Ken

Hi Ken. it would work, however it would not be ‘correct’ . If being ‘correct’ is your aim.

The Series 80 vanities did not have a clock in them. The only S80’s with a clock in the vanity would be in a custom bodied car.

That said, if the vanity sells for a reasonable price, it probably has the same mounting screw spacing as the rest of the vanities, so you definitely could use it until a more correct vanity comes along.

Greg

Ken,

If you look closely at the photos, I believe you will see that the body of the vanity is leather covered steel, which to me suggests it is a 1930s era piece.

However, I reserve the right to be wrong.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter,

That is the Era I was guessing at.

Ken

The vanity on eBay looks exactly like the one I have for my ’29 143 ED Limo.

There you go, zeroed in and identified!

Craig,

Perfect, Thank you for the feedback.

Ken

Here is an original vanity in an unrestored ’33 Pierce club sedan.

Note that it is wood, and is mounted into the side panel of the interior, just over the fabric not on the surface of the side panel.

Greg Long

I’m bidding on this.

Is anyone else here doing the same?

Not me, so far the price is fair.. good luck !!

Greg L

I’m not either. I had thought about it when it was first posted but it

won’t work for me. Good Luck 10 minutes left.

Ken

Ended up that the winning bid was $315 and there were 2 bids that cmae in after the claimed end time for the bids.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since eBay has been known to be crooked at times.

The ‘auction sniper’ bidding programs that place your bid in the last few seconds of the auction are usually at fault for the last second price hikes.

It’s not always Ebay itself being greedy..

i can’t tell you how many times my ‘winning bid’ got ‘sniped’ at the last second.. I usually just bid what I’d be willing to pay if the item was on a table at Hershey or a PAS Annual meet swap meet table.

Greg Long

Many auction sites extend the auction if there’s a bid in the last minute or so. Thus, if someone bid with 10 seconds to go, trying to “snipe”, the auction gets extended for 5 minutes, so someone else can bid…it would be much more like a real auction.

I seem to remember the early days of Ebay, people would bid during the course of the auction, an item would meet a certain price level and seem to stay there until the end.

The sniping at the last second is hard to combat, as Greg says, you can put in a healthy bid, but at the last second someone just puts in a crazy number and it’s a little over yours and you’ve lost it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.