Wanted 1931 dash clock

Home Page Forums General Wanted 1931 dash clock

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Looking for 1931 dash clock, face not important but mechanism must be complete. Please let me know what you have [email protected] thanks!

Dave,

Do you have a picture of what it looks like? If you had one. I have a box of different length stems and Waltham clock parts I need to get rid of. Jim

I don’t have a picture of the back of the clock, it’s the rectangular style that was used 1929-31, as in this picture.

Can you send me a picture of what you have? [email protected] thanks!

Correct me if Im wrong, but the 1929 clock is different. The stem and mechanism is different. Im still looking for one myself. 29 was a white face, I think they changed to black after 29

I always thought the ’29 Model 133 had a white face clock and gauges while the ’29 Model 143 had the black face clock and gauges.

I bought one of the black face clocks. It was actually larger than the white one. I am at a loss. My 29 has shown me time and time again that 29 has some unique parts for that year only.

The junior and senior series clocks are different for those years. The clock David is seeking is like the one in the ’31 model 42 I sold. They are hard to find, and according to clock repair people, not of very high quality

I’m actually trying to help someone else out, who’s restoring a 1931 Model 43.

They have the face, what they are missing is the mechanism, as someone converted the clock to a newer works and got rid of the original.

The clock in my car is intact. Guess it starts another discussion, the faces on all my 1931 instruments are white faced. His ’31 was black faced, even though same model. Almost seems to be random…..

The guage colors could be black or white on cars in 1931. It seems the later cars were white, maybe Pierce was behind on their bills. My 31 Series 42D/C has both white and black…..from the factory, and yes, I have documented other series 42cars at the end that were delivered the same way. Ed

For 1929, my understanding is that the short 133″ wheelbase cars had white face instruments. The long wheelbase 143″ wheelbase cars had black face instruments. The clock mechanism and dial size were the same..

For 1930 I think the lines ‘blurred’ somewhat..

And for 1931 I have no clue.

All the clocks had a pot metal frame. As we all know pot metal is not stable. so the dimensions of the clock frame moved, twisted, shrank, or expanded.. Depending on the ‘personality’ of that piece of pot metal. To have a running 1929 through 1931 clock is rare, at least in my experience.

For 1928, the Series 81 clock was unique, and pot metal at it’s worst. These clocks often just fell apart.

Greg Long

1929 face and hands. No mechanism as of yet :(

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.