Wanted: Radiator Louver Thermostat for 1930

Home Page Forums Engine Wanted: Radiator Louver Thermostat for 1930

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Wanted: Radiator Louver Thermostat for 1930

I discovered that mine is completely missing and someone bolted on a plate in its place to block off the hole.

Paul

Cislak has both new and used ones on the shelf, as of yesterday.

the 1930 and 1931 are the totally round ones, not the ones that are flat on top and bottom as on my ’36, right Eddie?

Paul, If John can not help you I was able to purchase all the parts for the 1930 thermostat at this site. the total is not cheap but it all fit as original. I purchased the cover plate, all rods, and bellows. He also sold me a used water cup that surrounds the bellows.I also purchased his Stutz bellows and made it work for 1929, but I had to make the rods and links as he did not have them for the “air”” bellows used for 1929. Karl http://www.classicandexotic.com/store/c-99-shutterstat-thermostat.aspx”

Tony, I think 29 is a one year only style, then there are two others like you mentioned. I am not sure of the change over date. Like Karl said, often it’s not just the thermostat missing, but all the linkage and cover. Often people buy entire radiators to get what they need. I was told that the current rebuilding cost of a broken unit is around 300 dollars.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.