Water pump drive fitting

Home Page Forums Engine Water pump drive fitting

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by .
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Well…as I mention below I got the drive fitting off the generator without a problem. It was entirely too easy so the drama now shifts to the water pump drive. I see no dowel pin in this fitting, it appears to just be a press fit onto a square shaft. I have a well fitting heavy duty gear puller engaging the base of the fitting (not the arms) and with a very heavy load so far it refuses to budge. Am I missing anything?

Thanks, Jim

Jim on my 30 it was not pressed on but slides on the square. I wonder if you soaked the flange and the square if it would loosen up?

Dave

I have started soaking it and maybe will try some heat tomorrow. If yours slid off them it must be corrosion.

Thanks, Jim

That drive flange is different than any other I have seen, and we have a dozen on the shelf and they are also different. Sure looks modified to me. Some just float on the square drive, and you can hear them click if there is too much play in them. Looks like a puller will remove that one. I would also use heat. Ed.

I managed to get it off finally, it was corrosion keeping it on. I had to put a clamp on the puller’s arms to keep them engaged on the fitting. Thanks for the responses.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.