Westinghouse Generator, help requested

Home Page Forums General Westinghouse Generator, help requested

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I received this from a friend of a friend, can anyone help him? Feel free to contact him directly:

Subject: 1913-15 Pierce generator Help

David,

I was given your name…….. Hopefully you can help me out. I am working on a customers Westinghouse generator off of a 1914 Pierce. It has been messed with before by somebody else, which is always an issue when trying to troubleshoot. One thing that would speed the process up is if I could get my hands on another generator to use strictly for comparison. Is this something you could help me with? We would be interested in borrowing a generator or even buying a spare if possible.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Smith

Advanced Electrical Rebuilders

16574 S. Bauer Rd

Grand Ledge, MI 48837

http://www.aerrebuild.com

toll-free: 1-866-228-0218

Have you checked a parts book for a Series 1,2 or 3 Pierce Arrow generator

picture? It is I believe shown in the handbook for my Series 3.

I would suggest contacting the AACA Library who I believe has the PAS collection of Pierce Arrow literature and get copies of the handbooks and parts books for the Series 2 and Series 3 Pierce Arrows which show diagrams

of the generator on these cars.The Westinghouse system was used on other cars

of that time so there should be some similarities in design.

Thanks for link, I’ve passed it on to questioner. I also passed on recommendations to contact the AACA library. Thanks! dc

Also Dykes of the period has Westinghouse diagrams.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.