Window Crank Needed

Home Page Forums Body Window Crank Needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I am looking for ONE window crank for my Series 80.

If anyone has a spare or two I am interested.

Related to this, when I acquire that Series 80 window crank, I will have available SIX window cranks that likely came from a Series 33 or 36 back in the late 1920s when these were put on to my Series 80.

Gents,

Here is a photo of what I need.

Thanks,

Peter

PETER,you can use 3D to make an exact copy of your window crank. I made beautiful ones for a Duesenberg Coupe we just finished, it’s really amazing Technology. Jay Leno

Hey Jay,

Thanks for the great idea.

BTW, do you plan on bringing your ’18-66 to the PAS Annual Meet this July in Rohnert Park?

If so, I’ll see you there.

Peter

Jay,

I went through that tunnel trying to get door handles printed. Stratasys wouldn’t give a quote without a STL program, the person they recommended to do the scan couldn’t get the depth of the hole to come out. I had a graphic designer do a STL and Stratasys said $750 per handle with a full plate of 15 I think it was. So $300 later I still need handles.

3D printing would be great if they can get it to an affordable price. Jim

I was wondering about the price of 3D printing. Really neat technology, can’t wait until it comes down in price!

Just think: a person could have their entire car’s selection of parts stored in scans. and when a part is needed, just print it out !! No more shelves full of old parts filling up the shop and loft !!

Greg

Where’s the fun in that???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.