windshield wiper motor

Home Page Forums Body windshield wiper motor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I am restoring a 1930 PA Model A convertible sedan, and need a wiper motor. Lots of them offered on eBay, with different mountings 9mostly for 1940’s cars). Any suggestions on how to proceed? thanks.

I would start by discussing your needs with Kent Jaquith, listed in the parts and services roster under wiper repair. He just refurbished two wiper motors for my ’31 phaeton, and mentioned he had some bodies that might be better than mine (if I was going to go the rechrome route, which I was and am not). Kent is very helpful, and could at least tell you what to look for, as some motors that appear correct, aren’t….

Don’t bother to talk to Ficken, also listed. On these wiper motors his answer is “get RainX”. Seriously, a ’34 wiper motor taken to him at Hershey, and that was his dismissive reply……

David, this is great feedback-thank you!

No easy answers. Correct wipers will coat a fortune, and still have issues and will go bad if you try and re chrome them. Best option without going to the poor house, used Model A wipers, that are available New with and without chrome. The wipers in your photo often run from 700 to 1200 per wiper, and most are junk when you open them up. We never buy them at a swap meet unless we can open them.

If making a new windshield frame, make it so the Model A wipers are direct fit. No one will ever notice. FYI Dietrich wiper motors from 1932-1934 make the earlier style look like a bargain. Often you will see wipers on eBay. They are either junk with cracks, or the bid to CRAZY numbers in the last few seconds. Good luck. Ed

Arnold,

To play off of Ed, Mac’s Auto (Model A part seller) has the TRICO blades for that type of wiper.

If you have problems with the unit working, I have a contact that may be able to help.

He is the KING of TRICO VISIONALL repair.

Peter

http://www.macsautoparts.com

Ed do you recommend a good source for the wiper motors? Are they still vacuum? I went to Mac’s web site and saw the electric version.

Thanks

Dave

I just drove my 34 arrow 5200 miles to Yellowstone Parke with rain x it wasn’t very pleasant would like to have had wipers where can I get electric wieners ?

Eric —

Mac’s Auto Parts and Snyders offer electric wiper motors for Fords, but of course they don’t look anything like the original vacuum motors.

I very much appreciate the various comments offered by all of you who responded to my original inquiry. I am in touch with a vacuum motor rebuilder who will prpobably be able to solve my problem. One big advantage is that I am replacing the winshield frame, which means I don’t have to match any existing mounting holes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.