Winter Mini Meet

Home Page Forums General Winter Mini Meet

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

A few photos of the Winter Mini Meet. We have visited some great collections.

David,

Thank you for posting the photographs, there are certainly some wonderful collections in California!

Saturday Lunch #1

Saturday Lunch #2

Waiting for the bus at The S.F. Academy of Art Collection.

Drooling on 50+ Pierce-Arrows in 5 days is hard work. Thank goodness,

Bob Jacobsen and his trusty Nor-Cal P-A Members threw in side trips to

a new Disney Family Museum (his Daughter’s tribute to their Dad), and

a mansion with huge gardens patterned after English and Irish ones the

Master had observed on trips. A head gardner and 114 volunteers keep up

the place volunteers receive 8 months of training and half fail to pass

the course. My guest said that Filoli surpasses Henry Ford’s Mansion by

far and the 70 degree weather was delightful. The Mickey Mouse Club

Song is still rattling around in my head. “Who’s the leader of the gang

that’s made for you and me? M I C … K E Y…M O U S E! “”.”

Lets see: Thursday we saw two collections, about 5 to 10 Pierce Arrows, total of fine true-classic cars about 40 cars and very interesting home museums or collection buildings.

Then at the welcoming party Thursday night, another 60+ early true Classic cars plus a collection of sports cars and racing cars. This collection totaled I’m estimating 80-90 cars. I believe the Pierce-Arrow count was around 15-18.

On friday, the Academy of Arts two museum locations, a total of 200 cars, allmost all true Classics.. Pierce count roughly 15.

Saturday, a magnificent private collection in a new 10-20 million dollar showcase-building, which almost eclipsed the beautiful collection housed inside. A rough guess, about 50-60 cars seen, probably 10-12 Pierce Arrows. most in the teens, several 66 hp cars. Many un-molested original cars.

Then, on Monday, a drive out to Stockton, which was about an hour long drive to visit PAS member Pat Craig’s collection, I think 99% Pierce Arrows, just look up California in the roster, scroll down to Pat Craig, and look at the almost full page of cars and bicycles listed.. I think over 35 Pierce Arrow cars.

I’m suffering from an almost unheard of malady: Classic and Pierce Arrow car overdose.. Plus I feel like a pauper, pockets turned inside out and wearing tattered clothes and barefoot. What a concentration of expensive and wonderful cars in these collections !!

Greg Long

I have to agree with both Tony and Greg. A LOT of Pierce-Arrows as well as other great cars. A few more photos from Monday’s tour.

Shop area.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.