Wiring Harness Ferrules & Headlight Lens Wire Retainers

Home Page Forums General Wiring Harness Ferrules & Headlight Lens Wire Retainers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Has anyone found a source for the flared ferrules that are used on the ends of the metal flex tubing in a wiring harness? I looked in McMaster-Carr, but didn’t see appropriate ferrules.

Does anybody know where I can get the appropriate headlight lens wire retainers for an early 8 cylinder Pierce? I looked at some Model A lens retainers and they are not deep enough for a 1931 Pierce headlight rim.

Thank you,

John

John,

Did you check Restoration Supply?

Check page 10 for the clips and 11 for the ferrules.

Bill

http://www.restorationstuff.com/pdf/RestorationSupplyCompany.pdf

Bill,

Yes, I checked them first. I didn’t see a flared end ferrule in their offering.

I have to talk with them on the lens retainers since they don’t show a photo or dimensional information, but most places carry Model A retainers. I was hoping somebody might have bought a set from someplace that they didn’t have to modify to work.

Thanks,

John

John,

The ferrules from Restoration Supply don’t work, for either end of the conduit. Jim

Call Beth at Restoration Supply. I have known Beth and Allen for years, and ask them for a source. They will help you in any way they can.

Contact Rhode Island Wiring.

They sell the flex conduit and the ferrules.

I think that their website is RIWIRE.com.

Restoration Specialties and Supply, Windbar, PA has a wide variety of these items. Their catalog is on-line.

Bill, thanks again!

Jim, you are correct for the frame junction box usage.

**If anybody is looking for flared ferrules to use with the frame junction boxes, something on the attached link should do the trick (hopefully).**

Tony, I will call Beth in the next couple of days about the lens clips.

Peter, I might be able to use the straight ferrules that they offer for part of what I am doing. I think Restoration Supply has these straight ferrules as well.

Paul, I didn’t see anything online from them concerning ferrules or lens clips but, some of their weatherstrip will probably work on an exterior trunk I am trying to restore. It has been 10+ years since I used them and I had forgotten them, thanks!

http://www.ferrulesdirect.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FD&Category_Code=UNFERR

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.