1929 North East Hot Hed lighter

Home Page Forums General 1929 North East Hot Hed lighter

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

The hole for the lighter is original and there. Right of the guage cluster and waiting for the correct lighter to be found and installed.

This is the back of my North East Hot Head lighter.

Ihave this new old stock headpiece available for anyone who needs it.

can you post another shot of the head from the heating element side and side view? thanks

Front side.

The unit I have is NOS and came with some parts I purchased a few years ago. I know nothing about it. If you want it I would like 40.00 for it plus shipping.

Rick

Looking at your posted photo of your dash it is clear that the main part of the cigar lighter is in place

That piece sticking out surely is it. That is what the bakerlite element holder pushes onto. That piece sticking out of your dash is (as someone has posted)—0.60″ diameter.—-jak.”

My hot hrad lighter is spoken for…..thanks, Ed

The metal piece that is sticking out of my dash is actually some make shift knob that someone decided to put in the factory drill hole for the lighter.

Thanks Ed, your lighter head is close but not the original. Thanks to Dr. Pete he had an orignal in his box of goodies. Now, I am lighter rich. I have 3. All different models within one year of produciton.

Hi Rick with all those various lighters you will have to take up smoking just to be “Original””!!

Cheers Jak.”

:) Hate smoking but love the smell of cigars. mmmmm? Now, that would be period appropriate.

Cigars must be Cuban to be authentic!

lololo I guess there is a website for everything. I should buy a few to put in the smoking vanity. Mine has a match drawer and 3 little squares. A few cigars would look good. lolo Thanks Doc

Rick; your car has a ‘match drawer with three little squares’.. that description ‘demands’ a photo or two !!

It sounds like you have an open car with a built in vanity case… that’s quite rare. Usually only enclosed cars had vanity cases.

Were is the drawer located? is it part of the rear cowl?

Greg Long

this is not my vanity but it looks exaclty the same.

Gee, I think that I sold that Vanity to someone in the past year or so!!!!

I think what is pictured is from either a much earlier P-A car than yours Rick or from a less sophisticated auto maker.

Rick, Pierce-Arrow had electric lighters front and back in their cars by your time, as they did in my 1925 Series 80 Sedan.

BTW, the holes are for ashes, not for storing fresh cigars! What a way to ruin a good cigar.

lololol Wow! I keep learning new things about this car every day. 1929 had a very differant set of ideas on everything they did then today. :)

Thanks, Rick

Upon further inspection, I KNOW that I sold that case to someone at one of the PAS Meets in the past few years.

If you pull out the match case holder I am confident that you will find the match box i put inside it.

Nice case, wrong application. The buyer got a deal! HA!

AHAH!!!

so that’s how you guys pass on “Secret Men’s Business”” to each other!! Hidden inside matchboxes inside secondhand vanity units!!!

Who would have thought?

jak.”

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.